Mulligan improvement

Thing is, the strength of a deck is always relative to the other decks you could be playing. Reducing draw RNG helps high variance decks at the cost of making low variance decks (in relative terms) weaker.

Let me know if you need any help analyzing the data.

Iā€™ve actually never played Gwent, or the Witcher, but I will take that as a compliment, since they seem like quality games. Is the Mulligan system in Gwent similar to the way I describe? In what way is it different?

I didnā€™t play every card game but I tried a lot of them and i never saw a mulligan that gives you back the same card that you discarded if you donā€™t have other copies. I donā€™t know how to explain it anymore but it is just wrong. I donā€™t understund how can it be a good think.

You cannot have a discussion if you cannot acknowledge the other side.

How can anyone take you seriously, if you say to the other side: ā€œYouā€™re just wrong, I cannot explain it, but I donā€™t understand how can you like what you likeā€. In matters of taste, acknowledge or shush. The fact that you prefer one option to another does not make the other one wrong, and saying this out loud is rude - to say it lightly.

In some games you canā€™t even play cards until turn 3 and some times even turn 4, isnā€™t it a valid argument? Those games are just lost 100% no matter what you do because you canā€™t do nothing. You canā€™t say that this is just my opinion. This is bad for the players and itā€™s bad for the game. Do you really canā€™t see it? Itā€™s unbelievable.

Yeah, nice answare

No, it isnā€™t. But Iā€™ve already touched on this. The existence of non-functional draws does not in anyway imply that draw variance should be reduced.

So unplayable games means variance for you?

variance
noun: variance; plural noun: variances

1. the fact or quality of being different, divergent, or inconsistent.
    synonyms: difference, variation, discrepancy, dissimilarity, disagreement, conflict, divergence, deviation, contrast, distinction, contradiction, imbalance, incongruity

the state or fact of disagreeing or quarrelling.
ā€œthey were at variance with all their previous alliesā€
synonyms: conflicting, in conflict, contrasting, incompatible, irreconcilable, antithetical, contradictory, clashing, contrary, different, differing, divergent, dissimilar, disagreeing, in disagreement, at odds, at cross purposes, at loggerheads, opposed, opposing, opposite, in opposition, poles apart, polar, at outs; More

LAW
a discrepancy between two statements or documents.

STATISTICS
a quantity equal to the square of the standard deviation.

GAMES OF CHANCE
having a bad draw sometimes

Ofc luck itā€™s a factor in every card game and you have to deal with it but it canā€™t have that much influence on the winner of a game. But ok, I get it. You donā€™t care if some games are decided just by pure luck and the players skill level doesnā€™t matter at all. If thatā€™s the case, there is no point in continuing this discussion.

OMG we are doomed, dis gaem no skillz just luck.

You forgot to mention itā€™s P2W and it has cheaters. But I have to agree with you, there is no chance at a discussion when one side of said discussion is on a soapbox, heralding doom is nigh.

Iā€™m not saying random no sense stuffs. I didnā€™t say ā€œdis gaem no skillz just luckā€. I just said that some matches are decided just by pure luck because how the mulligan and the first turns work. And this is 100% true and you canā€™t disagree with it.

You also didnā€™t provide any argument why itā€™s oh so important to remove that specific piece of RNG being able to sway some games, and not the other RNG elements also being able to sway some games. Instead, as without a doubt every time, you went to scream on top of your lungs ā€œwin through luck!ā€ and ā€œno skill!ā€, not to mention the undying ā€œitā€™s wrong!ā€ and ā€œitā€™s bad for the game!ā€.

Every time asked about backing or argumentation you instead turn to populism and soapboxes. And this is 100% true and you canā€™t disagree with it.

And this is why there wasnā€™t any discussion in the first place. Because you actively refuse to take a part in one.

Some games are decided just by pure luck. This is an argumentation.

No, itā€™s a statement. A fact, too. An argument is, in this case,

a reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory.

As I understand it, your argument is that all luck needs to be removed, and as such, the game needs to stop using any random draw mechanics, correct?

Incorrect. The point is just to avoid games where luck is the only thing that matters and you donā€™t even have a chance to start playing cards.

There we go. So now we go back to original question:

What is the argumentation for the luck cut off point to be at the draw? Why other luck based losses are ok, but bad mulligans are not?

Why is it fine when the win comes down to that one lucky draw at the end of 30 minutes game, but wrong when itā€™s at turn 0?

Because it is fixable and I donā€™t see why you shouldnā€™t do it. Do you?

Yes. And there is a SQUARE TON of that already in the topic.

1. I have no problem with draw RNG and personally would prefer even higher variable all-or-none mulligans.
  2. Because I donā€™t mind loosing odd game to bad draw and love winning bad draw games.
  3. Because I find lucky-draw late game to be much more infuriating than early game, and I donā€™t mind that too.
  4. Because itā€™s a part of the draw of card games and their specific ā€œunderdog chance in hellā€ appeal.
  5. Because itā€™s a part of the draw of card games and their specific ā€œdonā€™t remember, adaptā€ appeal.
  6. Because I see no reason why high variance draws or low variance draws are better or worse.
  7. Because itā€™s post launch and the time to mess with base settings is long gone.
  8. Because the payoff is way too low to kick status quo.
  9. Because in comp tournament setting itā€™s easily offset by something as simple as BO format.
  10. Because you still failed to provide any argumentation.

INB4:

ā€œBut itā€™s luck and I LOST A GAME and there is no skill and itā€™s bad and I cannot see why you have fun so you are wrong because my fun is only fun and luck is not fun and youā€™re having fun wrong!ā€

Yeah, Iā€™m the one on a soapbox, you arenā€™t. And you also give a lot of valid argumentations that arenā€™t personal taste at allā€¦
So i will answer only to the ā€œnon personal opinionā€ points.
7. I am a programmer and I know for sure that a change like this is super easy to do, it doesnā€™t take much time and it doesnā€™t require to develop any new stuff at all, itā€™s just a small change.
9. In a tournament you chose your decks order in a way to counter your opponentā€™s decks and if you lose your only good deck against a certain opponent deck, then only luck can save you at that point.
10. Again, losing a game because you canā€™t even play a card is a big argumentation. If you lose on turn 10 because your opponent draws flame burst when you have 3 healt it is luck but it isnā€™t only luck because you had a chance to play and to do something and your opponent as well did something to get you to 3 life so he doesnā€™t win only because that one lucky draw.