New ability ideas

guard - enemy creature becomes inactive after appearing on an adjacent tile. (optional: enemy cannot build lands on an adjacent tiles.)

agile - can move after attacking. (alternative wording: does not become inactive after attacking.)

immune - can only be effected by direct damage. (alternative: cannot be targeted (alternative: effected) by event (alternative: enemy event.)

dodge - cannot be attacked by ranged or flying creatures.

overrun - leftover damage is dealt to enemy.

armor N - reduces incoming damage by N.

secret (new implementation) - creature (structure) identity is hidden and summoning effects postponed until creature is affected (by card abilities (text) or by being attacked).

Please comment, thanks.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this, like does it mean you can’t move then attack it or what? Also if it does mean you can’t move then attack it how would it interact with haste? [quote=“xged, post:1, topic:2630”]
agile - can move after attacking.
[/quote]

I personally would love to see kind of effect be implemented but i would have it be - “can attack and move in any order each turn.” to make it so you could maybe have an agile ranged unit.

I hope this mechanic is never implemented because i never want to deal with creatures like that.

This ability seems strange to me, especially the part where flying creatures can’t attack it. The ability seems so specific and niche.

I assume you meant the enemy orb and not some sort of hellfire effect, anyways, it promotes more orb health interaction which the devs seem to love so sure. It’s an effect much like some of the combat abilities in red, and would fit right in to burn decks.

I really like this ability in Plants vs Zombies heroes and would love to see it implemented in Faeira.

While this concept is cool, the problem is your couldn’t have much more than a vanilla stated creature because if it had any other effects like drawing or gaining faeria you opponent would immediately know what it is. So it would really only work for creatures not really structures and generally the abilities would have to be combat.

1 Like

[quote=“Josh-Ryan, post:2, topic:2630, full:true”]

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this, like does it mean you can’t move then attack it or what? Also if it does mean you can’t move then attack it how would it interact with haste? [/quote]

Yes, it means that after moving your creature next to enemy creature (structure) with ability guard your creature cannot do anything more (attack or gather faeria) in the same turn. It counters haste, because “appears” means summoning as well.

I hope this mechanic is never implemented because i never want to deal with creatures like that. [/quote]

Why?

This ability seems strange to me, especially the part where flying creatures can’t attack it. The ability seems so specific and niche. [/quote]

Its reallistic … dodge.

I changed it to:

secret (new implementation) - creature (structure) identity is hidden and summoning effects postponed until creature is affected (by card effects or being attacked).

In that case, i would like the see that ability, it’s pretty interesting and unique

i don’t want mechanics like that because it makes sticky hard to deal with creature that plague games like hearthstone (and faeria has some like that too with annoying gnat and Ruunin) which would be even worse in faeria because they can gather from wells and be a nuisance that you can’t deal with because you didn’t have a tech card specifically to deal with that creature. Even if you balance the effect with a high price it still can feel really bad for the receiving player because they feel like there was nothing they could do; which is especially bad for the new player experience.

Doesn’t feel realistic to me, and even if it was realistic it doesn’t make it a good idea for a video game.

Would this effect show the amount of faeria used by the card?

1 Like

Yes. Specific faeria cost(s) could be a convention for ‘secrets’ to make it harder to guess.

I don’t like the concept of intimidation for guard. I think taunt is close enough and more fair. Blocking land placement seems kind of overpowered if the only way to then get to the creature is by event, flying, or aquatic.

Agile seems cool.

Immune seems balanced in HS, but it’s not huge. I could take it or leave it.

Dodge is interesting, but it’s not like it prevents retaliation damage. It’s maybe too similar to “can’t be attacked.”

Overrun only makes sense to me if the extra damage is dealt to whatever is directly behind the enemy creature. I actually like that a lot. Attack pattern like the pierce ability I suggested, except damage is dealt like the overrun you suggested.

I’m very much against armor, and I’d say the devs are too based on the recent balance changes. Creatures shouldn’t be able to sustain themselves forever, even against a swarm of smaller creatures. And if armor “breaks” like it does in HS, then it’s just extra life and is pointless.

A hidden identity mechanic might be fun. It’s like a HS secret, only mobile. A different name would be better, IMO. Cloaked, shrouded, ambush, hidden, something like that.

Great ideas though, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like