Custom Card Thread

I already commented on the above in the Discord, but I really like the Elementalist ^^ .

Wildfire is interesting too, if a bit underpowered.

Rainforest Charm is nice for Pandora, otherwise underpowered as you can always include a better card for your deck. However, it is versatile ingame. Maybe a bit too versatile - it’s never useless but also never a good card, which is kinda awkward.

Some big-boy removal for red

Edit: And a fun toy for Yellow Tempo, or even Angry Red or Illusion of Grandeur decks:

I saw your comments on Discord. Thanks for the feedback.

I like Rainforest Charm’s design. Multiple choice cards like it lead to interesting strategy decisions. All the options are below curve, which keeps it balanced despite its high versatility.

In hindsight, I’d change the “Gain 4f” to “Give a creature taunt and jump”. It’s a more interesting ability than gaining 1f and it makes the card less universally useful.

New cards:

1 Like

Three cards, all having some unique mechanics.

Ayuna is a Legendary card, and it’s more of a comeback card as it becomes about thrice as powerful if summoned when you are low on HP, basically becoming a flying Verduran Force that also heals you. But if you play it while at high HP, it’s not going to be that valuable.

The Great Guardian is a Combat creature - just not a Red one. I think other colours should get some access to Combat, and I think for Green this should be life gain, mostly, but since I suggested that before (in this thread), I decided to go with cost reduction instead.
It might be slightly overtuned, however, especially if compared to the Underground Boss which is 3/4 and this is only 1f more expensive. However, it requires 5 lands to be played (and paired with Gift of Steel) opposed to the Boss’ 2, which is a significant difference. Still, it might be more balanced to both reduce its stats and its land cost, however.

The Hellfire Scourgeslayer has a silly name. It’s also incredibly powerful - maybe too much so as it’s a 6f 6/6 that also happens to kill all creatures that already have 2 HP or less. Maybe this should be much like Ayuna and have a prerequisite before this effect triggers.

Edit: Funnily, the rework of the Great Guardian almost became a different card.

I even had to borrow a keyword that is commonly used in the Discord channel (Devout) to get it to work and mostly to block it from being used alongside Gift of Steel (Devout = +X Faeria cost for every land of a different colour under your control).

More fun:

Edit: Let’s include these too!

Rescued Orphan can be found above ^ .

And a rework of one of my oldest cards, since it originally was quite broken.