Triton Chef please allow full disenchant

[quote=“winsonsonho, post:14, topic:2095, full:true”]

• You were the one who originally backed your opinion by saying that you had experience in board games and balancing. Double standards I say.[/quote]

True, but if you look it up again, all I did was naming a reason for why I see it differently. I said: “being a boardgame designer (who worked for a publisher, too) on my own, I see that quite differently.”

That’s all I did, without braggin or saying I’m more professional than everyone else or whatsoever. I didn’t expect anyone to go way beyond what I actually said.

Now he wants me to give him any proof for my very own view? That’s just ridiculous and if he doesn’t believe in a word I said, I’m totally fine with that, I’m not here to convert anyone. To each his own. If he wants proof, he can look it up on his own.

I completely agree on both statements. However, one of my main points was that Faeria calls itself a deep strategy game which is plain wrong and that’s a fact, not an opinion.

Like I said before, if I wouldn’t care, I wouldn’t be writing any of this.

But yeah, lets put this aside, as it has nothing to do with what I wrote.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:17, topic:2095”]
if you want to use the example of UE being on the game for so long and causing problems, i can easily point to you “warsong commander” from hearhstone.[/quote]

So? Does it make it better? Since when are things better just because everyone uses them? Facebook must be one of the best things in life then… Trump must be a really great guy… and so on and so forth.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:17, topic:2095”]
i think it’s great that they took so much time into changing the card,[/quote]

That’s where we split heavily. Perfect is when the game comes out and just works in every way (which rarely happens). Great is, when they fix the problem as fast as possible. None of this happened here. Taking time to fix an error is never a good thing, no matter if it’s beta status or not.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:15, topic:2095”]
i think the game’s balance team is just fine as it is, and i’ll continue to think so until your show a single game where everything is perfectly balanced.[/quote]

I don’t know why you always need any evidence for your own opinion, but lets see, how about “Mühle” or “Go”? Maybe “Yinsh”, which is more modern or “The Bridges of Shangrila” or “Caylus” or to get some card games involved, “Daimyo” or “Havanna”, “Tribune”, “San Juan”… I could probably name hundred of games that are much more balanced and got published in a much shorter timeframe than Faeria, even though that has never been my point.

As far as some of your other statements go, Foxclear already answered them pretty good.

Well, that’s the whole purpose of the card. It’s not there to kill the opponent, but to give you value in a different way, just like Royal Judge. I would have made Luduan a 1/3 creature, too, but also changed his effect to “draw a card when an adjacent enemy well gets collected by you”. This would make it less random as you draw from your deck and it would make it way easier to understand and more clean, as the timestamp would become obsolete.

i don’t need evidence for opinion, i need evidence for your claims of having experience on the field.
how many times does the same thing have to be explained for you to understand? or are you just dodging the question?

seriously, at this point i’m not even going to bother with your replies, since you don’t even seem to understand that to which you’re responding.

you claim those games are so good and yet i’ve never heard about any of them… while games with terrible balance such as HS, YGO and MTG make millions every month.

yes, allowing full disenchant on chef is perfectly reasonable and the right thing to do.

people don’t play hearthstone for being blizzard fanboys with stockholm syndrome… they play hearthstone because it’s fun for them. whether they have fun by playing meta-decks and crushing their opponents or playing gimmicky combos and pulling off crazy wins once every ten games is up to them.
i don’t know what’s so crazy about the idea that different people enjoy different things…

the fact is: the vast majority of people who play games (card games included) don’t care about competitiveness… they just want to relax and have fun. that’s something blizzard understands very well, and exactly why their games are so popular.
can you tell me of a single blizzard game with less than terrible balance? those issues go all the way back to diablo 1 and warcraft RTSs, waaay before the massive popularity blizzard has now.

in the case of faeria, if you advertise your game as being super-competitive, you’ll be alienating that same vast majority who just plays to have fun… you’re giving them the impression that the game is made for “hardcore gamers” and not something they’ll enjoy.

a bad move IMO, but if that’s the direction they want to go, it’s their choice… i’ll continue to play as long as i enjoy the game, and i couldn’t care less about sometimes running into a crazy card. (especially before the game even releases.)

honestly, if people left the game because of balance issues in early access, they wouldn’t stick around anyway…
i’ll never understand that kind of people. is like starting to build a house but stop midway through the project because the walls aren’t painted.

anyway, as you pointed out multiple times, this isn’t the subject of the topic, so i’ll leave it at that and be done with it.

farewell to all.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:22, topic:2095, full:true”]
i don’t need evidence for opinion, i need evidence for your claims of having experience on the field.[/quote]
No, you don’t need it, as it doesn’t matter at all. I already told you that I won’t post private things in this forums, specially not if they are connected to my work, but even if I did, it wouldn’t change a thing.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:22, topic:2095, full:true”]
you claim those games are so good and yet i’ve never heard about any of them… while games with terrible balance such as HS, YGO and MTG make millions every month.[/quote]
Where did I claim that they are that great (even though a few of them actually are top titles)?
All it does, is showing that you are ignorant without having any clue about boardgaming, as you would otherwise know atleast half of them. I would even bet that you don’t know anything about the boardgaming industry at all and yet you are crying out loud like you do, but this is pointless anyway.

[quote=“Kyzonu, post:22, topic:2095”]
seriously, at this point i’m not even going to bother with your replies[/quote]
Exactly that.