Blistering (RY Control)

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

A deck I’ve been having fun with lately ^v^

The game plan is to focus on value kills while working up a nice surplus of faeria for heavier removal events and Garudan. A bit of early tempo is also important to ensure your opponent is struggling to find a foothold. In the meantime, your reducing the cost of your colossus or at least storing away enough faeria to play it early. All very standard.

The real enablers here are the Airbots and Axe Grinders. Starting from center and moving usually opposite your opponent, sending an Airbot into double collection is a low risk, high reward move. For every turn your opponent just happens to not have removal or is being forced to spend their faeria on replacing their creatures instead of removing yours, you’re creating a great collection pile. Axe grinders are great early collectors, as well as value creatures later on (though of course, they’re weak to the same early removal you’d be using). Rounding out the smaller creatures, the Blood Singer is a good semi-sturdy body that also gains some extra value off of the decks control game plan by softening up your opponent for your strong, but not untenable, Windstorm Colossus.

Barter and Command are great supporters for their low cost and versatility, with Barter having the added benefit of functioning as two events.

As far as modifications, Firestorm could easily replace several pieces of the deck (a change I’m probably making myself; I keep forgetting it only cost 5 now!). A Scourgeflame or two could work as well, but you’d be far better off just making a burn deck in my opinion (even if it’s something I’m also considering).
As one final thought, I like this deck a lot for The Dragon’s Lair challenges which involve heavy interaction with your creatures as of course you won’t be playing many.

Hope this grabs your interest, I plan on sharing a few more of my probably suboptimal, but still pretty functional and in my opinion fun decks in the near future.

-Kaerukero ^v^

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.9
Difficulty: Intermediate

3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x BLOOD SINGER (3f 2M)
2x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
2x FIREBOMB (4f 2M)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
2x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
2x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
2x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)
2x BARTER (2f 2D)
3x AIRBOT (2f 1M 1D)

Oh, one more thing! XD
Underground Boss and Groundshaker are also very worthy considerations, though I personally don’t like them for this deck.

Hey looks like a nice deck, I’ll give it a try.