Blue Shrink (new archetype?)

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

I think I might have found a competitively viable (and also fun to play) new archetype.

The deck uses various attack-lowering effects (Emperor’s Command, Tower of Curses, Humbling Vision, sometimes Gabrian Enchantment) to stall until you can get one of three win conditions (all three of which synergize with the attack-lowering cards).

Those win conditions are:
• Get out Shozen, and play Aurora’s Creation on it. You can shrink big creatures to let Shozen swallow them, and when the Shozen dies, they come back at their full size. Often, two Shozens are enough to let you out-value your opponent. Aurora’s Trick helps with out-valuing too.
• Get out multiple copies of Kaios with Aurora’s Creation. The various shrink effects help to keep the Kaioses safe, and your opponent may give up before you actually start to push face damage.
• Dream Reaver + Gabrien Enchantment. (That’s a separate deck archetype of it’s own, but the nice thing about this shrink deck is that the Enchantment can also hit a high-attack low-health creature to combo with anything that relies on low attack, such as Aurora’s Trick or Shozen or Kaios.)

Curious Biomancer ensures that you can draw the Shozen and Kaios consistently.

I won against 8 of 12 opponents so far with the most recent version. The deck loses to midrange decks with high mobility, but does great against control.

I’m not the best competitive deck builder. (I like combos too much.) So I wanted to post it here to see if anyone else has an idea to refine the archetype. If you have a thought about how to improve it, leave a comment below.

Here’s a screenshot of one win with the deck: https://i.imgur.com/pYMFCEb.jpg

Land type(s): Neutral, Lake
Faeria cost: 3.9
Difficulty: Advanced

1x FROGIFY (4f 4L)
2x GABRIAN ENCHANTMENT (2f 2L)
3x AURORA’S CREATION (5f 3L)
3x WATER ELEMENTAL (4f 1L)
3x HUMBLING VISION (3f 2L)
3x AURORA’S TRICK (4f 5L)
3x BATTLE TOADS (4f 2L)
2x DREAM REAVER (7f 7L)
3x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)
1x EMPEROR KAIOS (5f 6W)
2x CURIOUS BIOMANCER (3f 2L 2W)
1x LAYA, LADY OF SORROWS (4f 3W)
2x TOWER OF CURSES (4f 4W)
1x SHOZEN, THE SKY EATER (6f 6W)

1 Like

i am not coming up with anything to change about the deck other than maybe trading enchantments for enchatresses (if for some reason you needed more creatures on the board) but even that… ill just say i like the curious biomancers in there to draw the fancy cards! cool deck :slight_smile: maybe balloon fish would be good in this deck… to protect the kaios or help with opponents outmaneuvering this deck perhaps… hmmm