Burning Mill

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This was at first a mill deck, but too few cards make your opponent draw, so i made it into a burn/control deck.

The way it works:
you should gain possession of the wells early using court jester/story teller as collectors and buffed hunted outlaw/wandering monk (note the synergy with story teller) as bug repellants ; that way the opponent has a full hand but no faeria to use it with, and you can destroy his comeback attempts with hellfire + magnus + flame burst + seifer’s wrath before finishing him. It’s very control-ish (you hold on to your valuable minions on board with safeguard, lock their creatures with grim guard, kill them with damage events).

Mulligan for any composition of : court jester, hunted outlaw, wandering monk, story teller.

Land placement is important but fairly forgiving.
Secure your wells quickly, then expand to his if the he’s not aggressive (in that case you should go meet him and deny the lands in front of your orb, you usually will win the trades thanks to your strong neutral cards). Use neutral lands to get to good spots quickly and begin placing red ones when you feel you’re going to need red cards, some near your orb, some near his.

You can be in a tight spot against another more controlish red deck or buff green (that can put out bigger bodies like oak father, buff it, and wreck havok in your lines).

You could replace the fire elementals since they usually don’t bring much value apart for speeding land placement, or the ogre battlers for barbarian ogres to make trading with those big green cards easier ;add more burn-oriented cards like seifer fodder or shedim brute, or for more control groundshaker.

I used to have horsemasters in there to speed up double collecting/hitting face.
I’ve also considered adding splashes of yellow (for sunsilk faerie and wind wisp that i love) or green (those tiki buffs are always welcome), or just one or two ranged creatures (hitting face at a distance is so satisfying)

I only played it in casual and am an average player, but had a lot of fun with it.
Enjoy !

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain
Faeria cost: 4
Difficulty: Intermediate

3x SAFEGUARD (3f)
2x COURT JESTER (3f)
3x STORYTELLER (3f)
3x WANDERING MONK (4f)
2x QUEEN’S ASSASSIN (3f)
3x HUNTED OUTLAW (3f)
2x OGRE BATTLER (8f 2M)
3x GRIM GUARD (4f 2M)