Gnat Sacrifice

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

A fun control deck with a snowball style.

Most sacrifice decks have to strike a balance for board presence, this trades that out for a balance of your god’s life. The advantage is plenty of faeria from the Idols and massive taunt walls that are the Wild Avengers (these both make burn match-ups easier).
Using gnats also means you can build your Soul Eaters much faster and Doomgate becomes a viable way to cycle through your deck whilst actually having the potential to summon Ostregoth.

The deck is unable to rush the opponent (it’s control) but develop the structures at the start and it becomes unstoppable. Patience is the key.

Hard mulligan for the namesake and then gatherers (Assassin + Hold the Line) or Doomgate (+ time of legends).

Generally avoid Gnat combat, Though they can be useful fighters, they are intended for sacrifice only.

Without gnats in your opening hand it can be hard to recover in a fast match-up, hence some major inconsistency.

I’ve been having an absolute blast playing it, hope you do too!

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Desert
Faeria cost: 3
Difficulty: Intermediate

3x HOLD THE LINE! (1f)
3x WEEPING IDOL (1f 1F)
3x WILD AVENGER (6f 2F)
3x RUUNIN’S GUIDANCE (2f 2F)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x SHAYTAN ASSASSIN (3f 2D)
2x DEATH WALKER (3f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
1x DOOMGATE, DOOR TO OBLIVION (3f 2D)
3x SOUL EATER (5f 3D 3F)
3x ANNOYING GNAT (2f 2D)
1x TIME OF LEGENDS (1f)

With the edition of Emperor Kios is Annoying Gnat in of itself still viable? I made a Gnat Sac deck based on one that utilizes Imperial Airship Radiance as a recovery and includes Iona’s smile to maximize gnat drawing potential(which can also get SE and IAR in your hand). To be fair, I don’t utilize Ruunin’s Guidence meaning my healing options are less potent but that’s besides the issue.

The issue I run into besides those few games where the gnat just doesn’t want to show is that red or RY Rush has the easiest time making a mockery of my deck using whatever aoe they can to knock my gnat out a bunch of times. However, I knew going in that red burn was the absolute anti-thesis of ANY sac deck, especially Gnat Decks. Every deck generally has a hard counter, but since Oversky there is a second counter for the gnat that is almost worse than Red Rush and that is Emperor Kaios. Decks with him are designed to get him in and proc his ability to clear the entire board. For most decks this isn’t a huge threat, but this can burn faster through a gnat deck than red rush.

Two hard counters is one too many, so has Annoying Gnat finally met an end to its use?