How to "fix" the current meta jump/tempo

Good Idea to nerf everything while we have only problem with Blue jump and Yellow Spell lol.

I’m hovering around rank 9 (although I mainly play fun decks which hurts rank lots), so this isn’t a god-level critique.

I agree with most ideas, especially frogify, mythmaker, windstorm charger, voice of truth.

• Windfall 10 faeria gain 13: :four_leaf_clover: Mildly agree. I generally get annoyed when I spellwhirl it.
  • Prophet of Tides 3 lakes: :crab: Mildly disagree. I like it being a thinking card though and I don’t really want to nerf those too much.
  • Triton Trainer, your next creature with jump gains +1/+2: :four_leaf_clover: Agree.
  • Aurora Mythmaker 3 lakes: :four_leaf_clover: Agree.
  • Auroras Dream 4 lakes: :four_leaf_clover: Agree. It also gives more warning for Dream Reaver.
  • Mystic Beast charge instead of jump: :four_leaf_clover: Ok.
  • Frogify to 4 lakes: :four_leaf_clover: Agree, needs a nerf. Too good in mixed decks - I almost always use 3.
  • Seifer Blood Tyrant 3 mountains: :crab: Disagree, he’s slightly weak IMHO.
  • Flame burst 3 mountains: :crab: Slightly disagree. Doesn’t need a nerf and IMHO should be available for mixed decks.
  • Khalim 3 Desert: :four_leaf_clover: Ok.
  • Flashwind 3 Desert: :crab: Slightly disagree. Like flame burst, doesn’t need a nerf and IMHO should be available for mixed decks. Yellow has fewer decently-multicolor cards IMHO.
  • Windstorm Charger gain 1 attack for each event played: :four_leaf_clover: Agree, needs a nerf.
  • Sagami Grovecaller 3 Forests: :four_leaf_clover: Ok. I’d prefer +1 life +1 faeria though.
  • Voice of Truth Restore a creature in the proximity of 2 tiles to it’s original stats: :four_leaf_clover: I’d like to see the game move more in this direction - more importance on the board and positioning.

[quote=“luuu90, post:1, topic:6760”]
increase the colossus reduction by 1
[/quote]Do you mean:

• reduce by 2 (minimum 4)?
  • reduce by 1 (minimum 3)?
  • reduce by 1 (minimum 5)?

Plus, what about Krog?

Unfortunately I don’t believe krog was ever meant to be viable. He is more of just a meme legendary (which kinda sucks if you are free to play and then you pull him from a chest)

So, surely he needs a nerf? :slight_smile:

we could simply fix Explorers and make them viable by letting them get the stat bonus of controling colored lands while they are already in play (similar to gabrian archon) … so you have 1 forest and an explorer in play, you play the second forest and he gains +0/+2

Just jumping in to say that I think this would make much more sense imo, yes, low land requirements hybrid cards could be introduced, but I think these situations should be where neutral minions shine.
Atm, it feels like most neutral minions are useless except a few select ones for their unique abilities (Syland Horsemaster, Outland Ranger), it just feels bad.

I know it’s a bit early to tell but do you think the problems you mentioned could be solved by releasing more cards?
https://boards.faeria.com/t/faeria-friday-it-begins-with-a-smile/6804

And once the cards are released you should do a review :smiley:
Thank you!

1 Like

I agree with your suggestions but windstorm charger gaining 1 attack for each event, its like youre saying dont play yellow. Also i would like a see a rework on:

Windborne Champion: 5 desert —> 4 desert or haste(op i think but its an epic card so maybe)
Iona, Beloved by all: give her haste(cant give her that nickname only when taunt was available lol)
Oradrim Monk and Khalim’s Follower: 1 hp —> 2 hp (to avoid being killed in one turn by Groundshaker)

[quote=“kuromikuro, post:14, topic:6760”]
its like youre saying dont play yellow.
[/quote]Do you mostly play yellow?

Yellow event is the strongest according to many top people I hear. Yellow by itself is the strongest vs mid-levels according to what’s most seems complained about (YRush). Windstorm Charger is one of the top OP card complaints (my guess is charger plus Aurora, Khalim, Triton Trainer as top 4).

That’s what I’m getting from the forum comments at least. If that’s true it probably needs a small nerf.
I think his suggested blue nerfs were more significant, too.

Yes, I play mostly yellow because im not really into the crackthorn meta(taunt + red events) where in turn 2 you see 2 living willows and the rest follows(I know you know it). This meta for me is what you call “Cheese”, doesn’t require a lot of thinking just spam and you win.

With regards to blue, I think changing Prophet of Tides to “move an uncontested land you control once” is good enough for a nerf.

What about (Windstorm Charger):

[quote]Charge 2
Whenever you play an event, gain +1/+0 and +1 charge this turn. [/quote]
(+1 charge = moves 1 space further, if that’s not clear).
Less of a nerf, but still a nerf. I don’t think you need a damage cap if it’s only +1.

I see the monthly cup winner(congratulations) used a virtually mono blue deck which seems to indicate that it needs to be adjusted. i have played a red deck for some time and disagree that it is in a good state. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones who could not purchase the full decks.

Blue decks are highly mobile and yellow decks are a force also. I have tried using Battle Rager with a safeguard but noticed it will defeat another card in combat but the safeguard stops damage to the opponent.

From a personal view could you make Frogify a legendary so only one per deck.

I personally appreciate the boost to neutral , which I liked to play.

…But I wonder if neutral was ever intended to be ‘viable’ competitively…?

I like neutral decks as well, but it does feel like they were never meant to be played as mono decks.

You need more exp if you disagree that red is in a good state. Direct damage cards like Seifer’s wrath, Flame burst and Groundshaker not enough? and those rats where you can boost them with gift of steel that give you 2 faeria when they attack still disagree?

Frogify being a legendary I dont think so but if you make those boost, direct damage, destroy cards legendary too then maybe it is possible but seems boring for me :stuck_out_tongue:

I am only level 277 so i agree i need more experience. Like I said not all of us have all the cards. If you can win the monthly cup with a total blue deck then the topic of this board seems appropriate. I have looked at many of the decks and a total red deck does not feature.

If you can show a red deck that will get to god level please share it here. I think you will find that blue and yellow are favoured.

Seifers wrath is only attack 2. What happens when your groundshakers get frogify? Game over.

But there is always A deck that wins. It’s not like at some point there will be a perfect balance and people will just say: “Ok, the tournament is over, go home people! The decks reached an equilibrium!”. Your argumentation is extremely flawed - if you were to nerf every deck that wins a tournament, you would have to nerf EVERYTHING over time.

What you are saying here is that a deck needs to be adjusted if you can win with it. Or, that with a good deck you cannot win. How come?

I have posted in the balance discussion board under the heading 'How to ‘fix’ the current meta jump/tempo ’ written by an experienced player. Are you saying his argument is extremely flawed?

The previous contributor referenced seifers wrath, flame burst and gift of steel, none of which put cards on the board. I have just played against a blue deck, guess what happened to my groundshaker? Thats right-frogify.

I do not see the point of being in denial that decks will need to be adjusted. If a mono blue can win a tournament against the best combinations from other decks, it needs to be looked at.

Are you suggesting I am not allowed to critique your argumentation, because your argumentation is the same as the OP’s one, as long as you agree to the same notion?

If OP is saying that blue is strong because [insert amazingly well thought up argumentation here], and you say blue is strong because you just lost one game - are you suggesting you both are right or both are wrong, and there is no in-between?

Please, re-think that.

You seem to have jumped on my point for some reason.I agree with the original poster regarding blue but disagree with his opinion on red. I have mentioned frogify which is also listed above.At a cost of 4 Frogify is a game changer.

Blue won the monthly cup against the top 16 players. It did not win just one game.

I am disagree w most changes shuch increase lands of requirements because it’s will do imposible play these cards into multicolored decks.