MetaShaker-YellowFlyingEvents

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

I’ve built this deck for the metashaker challenge. It uses two new cards: The emperor’s command and Iona’s Smile.
As you can see, this is a Gnat deck. A very consistent gnat deck. Not only do you get to search them with Iona’s Smile, but you also get some additional healing with the Command if you need it. And all you need is 2 desserts to pull all of this off!!! This gives you a lot of flexibility with the powerwheel.

The deck is also built around eventsynergy. Oath to oblivion is such a sweet card in this list. You get to sac your gnats while also reducing the cost of your Colossus and flipping your faeries. The oblivion riders have charge 3 so they can zip around the board with ease.
The golden aviary oozes value. Not only do your gnats get to trade with almost anything Blue jump can throw at you but it also turns your faeries and Demon Wings into supersaiyans.

The deck is by no means finetuned but I think it is a sturdy shell that packs a lot of power AND fun.
Cards I would like to add but can’t find the room for: Flash Wind and Celestial Tower. Both these cards are good when I draw them but I feel that adding more copies would harm the consistency of the deck.

I think the deck is hard to play and I have by no means mastered it. I feel like I screw up the muligans not to mention the landplacement which is pretty unorthodox. The deck has a high skillceiling and rewards practise. If you can find the balance between killing yourself and killing the opponent, you’ll be just fine.

Let’s shake up the meta together!

Land type(s): Neutral, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.3
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x KHALIM, SKY PRODIGY (5f 2D)
2x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
3x SUNSILK FAERIE (2f 2D)
1x CELESTIAL TOWER (2f 2D)
1x FLASH WIND (2D)
3x GOLDEN AVIARY (3f 2D)
3x DEMON WRANGLER (2f 1D)
3x OATH TO OBLIVION (2f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
1x RADIANCE, IMPERIAL AIRSHIP (20f)
3x ANNOYING GNAT (2f 2D)
1x TIME OF LEGENDS (1f)
2x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)
3x IONA’S SMILE (2f 2D)

1 Like

-Update-
This deck just got me to godrank.
The red and redgreen matchup is pretty bad because of AoE.
The deck is really good against literally everything else but rush. Since rush is really unpopular at the moment that is not as much of a problem.

Looks fun. :smiley: Thanks for sharing. How does it cope with no hard removal? Will the Riders die at sea? XD I guess you can the Tower to move Gnat to land first.

I found that you don’t really need hard removal. With the aviary, your Demon Wings have 7 power. That’s enough to kill Verduran Force and Colossus. If you combine that with your damage based removal, you have quite a bit of reach.
Riders can die at sea, that’s why the land placement is a little bit tricky. Ofcourse you can make a lot of neutrals because you need only 2 deserts.

1 Like