Rank 10 to 1 in a day

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Cheap yellow rush. Sharing for a game review.

Very much inspired by Jok3se - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRtpwucIJTA

Land type(s): Desert
Faeria cost: 2.4
Difficulty: Beginners

3x ORADRIM MONK (3f 2D)
3x KHALIM’S PRAYER (2D)
3x KHALIM’S FOLLOWER (1f 2D)
1x WIND GATE (1f 1D)
3x SHAYTAN DEMON (3f 2D)
2x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
3x AIR ELEMENTAL (4f 1D)
2x FLASH WIND (2D)
2x ZEALOUS CRUSADER (4f 2D)
1x SHAYTAN ASSASSIN (3f 2D)
1x DEATH WALKER (3f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
3x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)

I can’t figure out how to relyably win with similar deck.
It gets completely obliterated by green/blue, which seems to be very popular.
The opponent drops willow + gabrian, and suddenly he has 7/7 which can annihilate 2 of your creatures (more if he drops another buff on it), while completely blocking the orb from haste attacks. If you move / last nightmare it, he then proceeds to drop 2 more taunt creatures.

Just now played vs red - the opponent use Seifer + 2 buffed Grim Guards. I managed to clear one + Seifer, took like 6 cards to do that. Meanwhile the opponent was collecting at 2 wells. All haste creatures ended up being pretty much a dead weight since only once I was able to get to the orb before being fucked by taunts.

My reply is a bit late, but here it goes anyways :slight_smile:

Willow + Enchantment requires 4 lands and good draws, so it shouldn’t immediately stop you in your tracks. A lot of people also drop their willows early without enchanting, which you should capitalize on with choking sands. I actually don’t run last nightmare, because of the high costs and mostly bad trades. Death touch and Shaytan Demon’s + Soul Drain (preemptively against Seifer) are imo much more effective.

On a sidenote in my current y rush deck I replaced an air elemental with Doomsday. Usually play it, if i the enemy overcommits Faeria + I have a haste and prayer on hand.

Yellow cheese. Can’t stand it! Why do people feel the need to cheat their way to the top, be original man.

See the review Aceassin)

For original - this is currently my favorite deck to play: