[Seifer Open #5] RY Burn

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

I brought 2 red decks (mono R and RY), in case one of them get banned.

In my opinion, red is easy-to-pilot and easy-win color at all (sorry if you like red).
It’s not like that green red or blue red are as easy as mono red or red yellow. I mean, the main factor of easiness is removal, like Seifer’s Wrath, Flame Burst, Groundshaker, and Garudan: Heart of the overpowered. and I don’t mean these cards are broken. Flame Burst is 3dmg for 3F, it’s totally fine. Seifer’s Wrath and Groundshaker are a little bit too strong, but any colors have their strong cards. and especially Groundshaker got nerfed once, it became harder to run it in multi-color deck. Garudan… is broken.
So I don’t exclaim they need nerf asap. And also I don’t blame those who use red, or rather I’m not entitled to do that, because I used 2 red in the tournament (and I will continue to use red :P).
What I’d like to say is playing red is easy stuff because you just need to draw proper removal for the situation and use it, and playing against red is not much a fun experience than playing against other colors. And I expect quite a few people think the same way, I want to know how the players think about this.
Sorry for bad writting and long sentences.

Land type(s): Mountain, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.5
Difficulty: Beginners

3x UNDERGROUND BOSS (5f 2M)
3x SHEDIM BRUTE (5f 2M)
3x GRIM GUARD (4f 2M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
1x ORADRIM FANATIC (3f 2D)
1x SOUL PACT (2D)
3x KHALIM’S TRAINING (1f 2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
3x FLASH WIND (3D)
3x SCOURGEFLAME SPECTER (7f 3M 3D)

I totally agree with you. Red is very easy to play and grab a win. As you said, I’m not saying “oh my gosh red is broken so hard why you don’t nerf it.” My point is, red has so many direct dmg from hand which other color barely can do it. did your opponent take a value trade? no worries. you’re safe with a proper removal. This color character forces un-fun play experience against red. even you might get bored easily when you play red. I think one possible solution for this is make green great again. direct dmg is a core concept of red so if we nerf it, red would be no more interesting color. then, how about give a bigger risk for playing red by buffing green color? if you ever play tournament once, you would notice quickly many ppl ban red because there’s no practical way to counter red decks. bring some green decks? no. they suck so hard in other match-up. so nobody play green in tournament, red is dominant as always. that’s current situation. I hope to see some changes in the future. xD

garudan is strong, but he is meant to be strong, in fact it is good to have those type of cards to rely on and to play around. i would also say that the problem comes from green being too weak than red being op. at least in tournament mono green is playable to counter red but in ladder green is not playable at all