Treasure Yellow

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

A value-oriented yellow list that excels at generating treasures and deck flexibility. Mapdealer, Aryana, Compass and Treasure Seeker allow for consistent treasure shuffling. The Teller/Husk engine, which is used to quickly cycle through the deck looking for treasures provides good synergy with Amai Merchants, which clog the hand while providing this low-cost deck with relevant, powerful threats. Note that you can combo Husk with Compass to tutor treasures to your hand instead of merely the top card of the deck: play COMPASS first whenever possible. The midrange removal package (windsoldiers, soul drain, and 1 of each of Choking/LN) is supplemented by Barter, which offers flexibility and early information on your opponent’s tricks. 3 soul pacts help fuel tempo plays and smooth out the hand size (ALWAYS Keep a spot open for Aryana if she is on the board). Open to the side; try and get Merchants (flying) into double-collect away from opponent; Play for board and value trade, buying time while you start to cycle tons of treasures. Only auto-loss matchup is Rakoan decks with no events. Everything else is very winnable, even burn, BR value, BG (popular right now), mono Blue. Mulligan for Aryana, Compass, Gagana, Smile, Husk/Teller if you have 1 or the other. Barter early is fine, but it gains value once you have a plan in mind. Hold Choking Sand for value targets only (Laya, Grizzly, Fugoro), not mere collectors (mochi, zoologist, etc…) and save Last Nightmare for when opponent taps out and spends all Faeria to try and get back the board. Exceptionally fun to play; hard to pilot because of all the branching decisions and matchup considerations. Sometimes you just have to double-land in the midgame and launch the Colossus, while blocking your face with structures and cheap creatures; get used to finding the right tempo timing. Cheers ~zfox

Land type(s): Neutral, Desert
Faeria cost: 2.4
Difficulty: Advanced

2x STORYTELLER (3f)
1x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x SOUL PACT (2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
1x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
1x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
1x IONA’S SMILE (2f 2D)
3x HAUNTED HUSK (1f 2D 1W)
1x COMPASS OF GAGANA (1f)
1x GAGANA, TREASURE SEEKER (6f 4W)
3x AMAI MERCHANT (3f 2D)
3x AMAI MAPDEALER (1D 1W)
1x ARYANA, SOUL OF GAGANA (4f 2D)
3x BARTER (2f 2D)

Is it really true? I can not believe my very own eyes. The grandmaster of this unholy land has made a return. We were lost long time ago, but then he came to our guidance and aided the 4 kingdoms in their quest to defeat the evil in this world. Truly a miracle that leaves my buffled face speechless. Sadly this ol’ lizard body of mine has grown weaker by the day and so it seems I will not fully surrender myself to this beauty of a deck yet, but I do fully appreciate just looking at this fine selection of cards as my aesthetic mind is very pleased.

Thank you for sharing such a dessert with us mere mortals, oh great zaldin.

1 Like