Angry Illusion [Metashaker #3]

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

An Illusion deck that utilizes tale of the old turtle and failed experiment as the main illusion engines as well as ways to accelerate the discount on Hate Seed. Hate Seed fits well since as soon as it gets to 1 or 0 faeria, they also buff the illusions.

Some tech choices are for synergy. Cartographer, Outland Ranger, Stalker, Prophet of Tides, and Axe Grinder are great pulls from Turtle Tales since they are brought down to 1 faeria cost. Magnus helps in drawing discounted creatures. Prophet of Tides can be used to position aggressive lands. Seifer’s Fodder and Aurora (and even cartographer, prophet, and ranger) are good Failed Experiment targets. While there are not much events to discount Dark Stalker, Tale of the Old Turtle will most likely pull out a discounted stalker anyway. I only have 2 Firebringers since they are more a lategame finisher.

An interesting (but not ideal) combo is Failed Experiment into a 11/11 Firebringer to give +11/+11 to your Illusions. Even better if Magnus pulls the firebringers.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Lake
Faeria cost: 4.4
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x MAGNUS, KING OF MEROVAL (10f)
3x OUTLAND RANGER (3f)
3x DARK STALKER (3f 1L)
3x TALE OF THE OLD TURTLE (6f 2L)
2x PROPHET OF TIDES (3f 2L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 2L)
3x FAILED EXPERIMENT (1f 1L)
3x HATE SEED (7f 2M)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x SEIFER’S FODDER (4f 1M)
2x FIREBRINGER (4f 2M)
3x ILLUSION OF GRANDEUR (7f 2L)

I love all of these variations on illusion! It really takes the bargain deck to a whole new level!

Interesting ideas! I really like this one.