Apex is BACK

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Zaldin Shenanigans, as usual; testing out Apex in new season; Shifting Tide for some flexibility between draw/movement trick; Don’t need a huge Apex to get rolling. Have fun! ~Zfox

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Lake
Faeria cost: 3.5
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x FALCON DIVE (1f)
3x FROGIFY (4f 3L)
1x WATER ELEMENTAL (4f 1L)
2x SHIFTING TIDE (1f 1L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 2L)
3x BATTLE TOADS (4f 2L)
3x SAGAMI WARRIOR (3f 1F)
3x TIKI CARETAKER (3f 2F)
1x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
3x RUUNIN’S GUIDANCE (2f 2F)
3x APEX PREDATOR (7f 3L 3F)
3x TRITON TRAINER (4f 2L)

I prefer the willow and enchantment engine for apex. You can build your own huge creatures to copy and you get to play feed the forrest on willows and squids for some explosive turns.

Another question: Do you get problems building all your lands on time? Only 2 elementals and no earthcarft.
The one falcon dive also gets me confused.

Thanks for the comment. The enchant package is great for traditional Apex; I am experimenting in this list with Apex with Trainer synergy. Of course, there is potential to mix them, but the full enchant engine is rather a big commitment.

No, lands are fine in this specific list (trainer is just an insane tempo boost). You don’t need to accelerate the Apex Predator, but it is something to monitor. In its current form, the list is really quite subpar, but the experiment was the point.

Falcon Dive helps to convert bad trades and is a useful way to ping back value in lots of scenarios. It is a common inclusion for blue/green decks which lack direct damage and sweepers.

Thanks again for the comment.

1 Like