Aquablad's Mid-Range Warstorm

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

I am a big fan of Red/Green and have experimented with many kinds of Warstorm decks. I’ve tried Pelorn’s list, Gift of Steel and more recently a structure Warstorm from Salugi.

This deck is focused on control one side of the wells. The combination of Greens power-ups and Reds removal creates a powerful mid-range strategy. This deck took me from Rank 10 to Rank 5 with a couple of alterations along the way. I don’t think this list is perfect and I will be experimenting with a couple of slots.

Mulligan:
Turn 1 Play: Axe Grinder, Syland Horsemaster
Turn 2 Play: Wood Elemental, Seifer, Groundshaker, Deepwood Grizzly

Flex slots:
Deepwood Grizzly is a card I’ve been experimenting with to help fight on board. A 3/8 clears more early game creatures from Yellow, Red and Blue. I did have Verduran Force in that slot but I prefer Grizzly. You can take them out if you want to try some cards of your own.

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Mountain
Faeria cost: 3.8
Difficulty: Beginners

3x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
2x DEEPWOOD GRIZZLY (5f 1F)
3x RUUNIN’S SHRINE (2F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
1x SEIFER, BLOOD TYRANT (6f 2M)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
2x WARSTORM CHAMPION (7f 3M 3F)

This deck is :ok_hand:

Played it 10 hours on ladder, R10 => God-Rank #11 back from a trip: Thanks Aquablad!. It has some hard times against mono-green, whatever the variant.

For one thing, I would classify this deck as an Intermediate instead of Easy one: Warstorm Champions. There are some really important decisions to be made pretty often: How to maximize every one damage projectiles, every one +1/+1 pings, playing with the odds of having a good outcome.

In the end, great deck, even for beginners ! Required a bit of Memoria to craft tho, but really worth it in this mid-season!