B/R Token Control

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Here’s my Version of a Blue Auroras Creation Deck, with a splash of red elements in it. This is the version i played to Top #5 Godrank this season and it’s final version.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Lake
Faeria cost: 5.1
Difficulty: Advanced

3x FARM BOY (1f)
2x LORE THIEF (3f 2L)
2x SPRING MOCHI (3f 2L)
3x MIRROR PHANTASM (7f 2L)
3x FROGIFY (5f 2L)
3x AURORA’S CREATION (5f 3L)
1x BAERU, THE FIRST WAVE (8f 3L)
3x GABRIAN ARCHON (4f 2L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 2L)
3x WINDFALL (10f 2L)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
2x FORBIDDEN LIBRARY (2f 2L)

Nice cohesive deck, I can see where it would have some really good matchups. Two Questions for ya:

1. Why run Baeru over the blue dragon? It feels like you are just looking for a big body at that point. The dragon fits your overall theme better I’d say with the morph effect it come with, potentially turning all of your little 1/1’s into 3 mana beasts.

2. What is the rush matchup like? This is a super common deck in lower ladder at least, and most people aren’t up there in god tier where you can afford to ignore a rush strat when building your lategame. As far as I can tell the biggest deterents you have are groundshaker and gary. If your opponent is running the green rush are those enough to hold off the big beefy creatures that come down the map?

Overall really cool, but I’d be hesitant to build this anywhere beneath god tier XD.

The fact is that baeru has great stats for 8 mana, while orosei has (despite an awesome effect) poor stats for 10 mana, and this kind of deck is often in dire need to remove aggressive lands / force the opponent to loose time to get back his land, as while your archons and commanders are still weak and your little minions not transformed yet he might have taken an advantage. Because of this, Baeru applies pressure even on an empty board while Orosei requires a few weak creatures to be worth its cost.