B/Y/R Blitz

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This deck revolves around doing everything possible to push lands next to your opponent’s well and start dropping mystic beasts, axe grinders, crumbling golems, and wavecrash colossi. In a way it is a sort of rush deck.

The cards have been chosen carefully to have low land requirements. At four lands you can play all your cards even though the deck is tri-color.

I find that this deck does best if you mulligan for oversky towship to push lands quickly to a well, although sunken tower can work too. If you get a bad mulligan just try to drop a collector and don’t be afraid to neutral forward to get to the well quickly.

Once you get into position, start dropping aggressive creatures to push damage and clear. Windgate can be very valuable to get creatures into good positions and proc your mystic beasts and axe grinders on any land next to the well!

I usually lose if I get too defensive. Use sky anemone, crystal flower, and even your other structures to stall counter-aggression. Push their lands away and mess up their attacks with sunken tower and towships.

I grudgingly included triton banquet as a mobility/surprise option. I really wanted to put khalim’s training in instead, but it requires two deserts and kind of throws off the deck’s low land requirement groove even though it is much better value. Feel free to try training instead, it has worked for me before pretty well even though that extra land does make a difference.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Lake, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.6
Difficulty: Advanced

2x TYRANAX (5f 1L)
3x MYSTIC BEAST (3f 3L)
3x WAVECRASH COLOSSUS (8f 2L)
2x SUNKEN TOWER (2f 2L)
3x TRITON BANQUET (3f 1L)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x CRUMBLING GOLEM (5f 1M)
2x WIND GATE (1f 1D)
2x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)
2x CRYSTAL FLOWER (3f 4W)
3x OVERSKY TOWSHIP (5f 1L 1D)
2x SKY ANEMONE (1M 1D)

1 Like

I’ve since removed the sunken towers and 1 triton banquet and added 3 shifting tides. The tides work nice at the beginning of the game being cheap and only requiring 1 island, and offer card cycling if you don’t need them. Khalim’s training still might be a better choice than banquet, I don’t know. I’m a noob deck builder.