Chat improvements

Currently chat is really annoying to use.

The window cannot be moved or resized to where you want it to be.

The window fades out and there is no quick way to get back to a conversation. Instead, It should stick around until dismissed.

I think this is related to the fact that the screen looks like it was designed for a tablet. Everything is huge and hard to control. Several different affordances are used, with little consistency.

2 Likes

I’d like them to add what you said (especially resizability and movability are urgently needed) and some more stuff:

• Chat should be saved when relogging, at least unread messages. Currently, if I get dc’ed or just log out, I may just miss someones message.
  • We need different tabs for chats with different persons. Having just one window suffice for a single chat. But imagine your writing with 3+ people at once. It’s impossible to follow, especially on such a small scale.
  • There should be some kind of (optional!) notification whenever you get messaged. I know some won’t like this, so just give us a checkbox in the options to enable/disable this notification.

Having a chat at all was a move in the right direction. And I appreciate that. But the current version is in dire need of several improvements.