Community Feature Ideas

Replying to FonixShield, BoBBiN, matrien.

FonixShield

• Giving bonuses (eg bonus faeria) for fast play.

I think many people would feel the same as if you did this in Chess - basically, time is meant to be 100% mechanically separated from gameplay. Although I did have an idea a while ago where you could manually spend 1f to get 30 more seconds - but that was probably not good IMHO except perhaps for low-level play - certainly not for tournaments.

• Playing against your own deck.

I like this idea. Unfortunately, the AI is somewhat variable in how well it plays different cards - and I doubt it has any idea of how to evaluate the best strategy for its deck (that would be a monstrously difficult task to do well).

• Welcome back. Iā€™m just guessing this is giving bonus stuff for coming back after a while. Sounds like a good idea from a business point of view, and I donā€™t imagine anyone else minding.

• Loaded Cards.

This would be a majorly complex feature that doesnā€™t seem to be adding much IMHO. Because of that, I donā€™t think I like it, sorry. As for the loading once - thatā€™s turning your collection into a complex gameplay component. Iā€™m afraid I really donā€™t like that, as that amplifies any money-gained advantage.

• Front Page

I think this would be tricky for Faeria devs to add - theyā€™d either need to add a web interface (which is no small task) or a spend a lot of time on getting it all done with Unity assets. Iā€™m also not sure how many people would prefer that. I think I like it how it is. Better to just add everything to the web and use the in-game link(s) IMHO.

• Discarding Cards

I feel like managing your hand size is part of the strategy. There are offensive strategies (eg Storyteller) to try to force you to mill cards (if I remember the term correctly). Many cards would also be buffed (perhaps into OP-ness) if you could discard, such as Ogre Dance, Blood Song, Bold Bargainer, Auroraā€™s Dream.

BoBBiN - I totally agree, the possibilities for custom games are huge and I hope they do add stuff. So many variables could be customizable. Different boards could be used, etc.

matrien

• Completion% seems like a very easy and useful addition.
  • I agree you should be able to see base stats somehow.
  • Mythic cards do have a glimmer effect that plays sometimes - I canā€™t remember if itā€™s only when you first see it, though. But a constant effect could work I guess if it were, as you say, subtle. (Personally Iā€™d also like some detailing on the bare part of the topmost border as it looks ugly on some colors).
1 Like

I would personally love more background music pretty much everywhere, I feel like I can be more engaged in whatā€™s happening.

A faster loading when switching between modes, shop, stats etc.

Shop could be expanded by some sort of search option

A little faster crate/chest opening thingy

I feel like the game could add more depth to other things, not gameplay but shop and achievements and such (I remember browsing for almost hours just in the in shop of LOL and such)

As others commented and i agree with: Card Collection %, Organising friends and option to chat with them, certain animations to add onto the already amazing experience.

Stuff to fix:

From as far as Iā€™ve played, of 3 days at level 20, the shop feels a little clunky to use (I cant describe this) but it somewhat feels a little heavy (no idea if this is useful or nah),

Regarding the slow growing playerbase:

For a game that I only stumbled across a few days ago, it has been quite an experience and have dug around, finding that the player numbers were so much lower than I had expected. I would quite like to see this game grow and progress, having made that point. My opinion is after adding some more features and such, focusing on marketing would be great. As I said before I donā€™t think I knew this game existed till recently and I love that this game has this amazing mechanic to play around with. Sorry if i wasted anybodyā€™s time space or energy.

Summation: love the gameplay, no need to do anything new to it, fixing everything else except gameplay would be awesome, add dramatic exploration music for background, shop, lag, thanks

3 Likes

I agree with marketing very much. I would have never found this game if a friend does not tell me about it. This game needs more players and more marketing! And marketing + speed oriented design changes.

Idea: There could be icons on the side when in menu, so that when I am in the ā€˜Boss pageā€™ I could go to the ā€˜Deck building pageā€™ in a single click and come back just as fast. (Fast travel icons)

Idea: There should be a ā€œfortressā€ kind of field, which woild be the field right before the god, to decrease the power of cards like deal 9 random damage or swallow etc. It would work like this: The creature standing there can not be swallowed. The creature standing there guards the god from event card effects taking the damage instead of the god.
(And maybe the fortress defends against transformation too? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Problem: The game remembers the last deck I chose to play with and chooses the same deck by default for your next game if you forget to change it. It is a problem when you make a crap deck against the crap bosses and play against them, then you go to battle against players and forget to change your deck.

Solution: save the last choice as default separately for the battle part and the adventure part.

1 Like