Craptorn (godrank)

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This deck got me to godrank starting from rank 5. It performs well against rush if you get the right creatures/buffs and is (somewhat) resistant to red burn (50/50 in that match up).

It is a midrange deck so you can’t stall for too long or a late game deck will eventually steamroll you.

In your first hand you ideally want the Sagami Warrior, he’s is THE BEST turn 1 collector in the game because its cost innificient to nuke him early on. However if you don’t get him then you can use the Long-Horned Yak or Taiga Explorer, but they can be risky vs red (if you are vs red then either buff them or make sure Taiga Explorer comes down with 2 forests). You can often play a early collecting Rakoan Raveller against a blue or green, but if you’re facing red or yellow it will need pre-emptive buffs to survive.

If you have a good couple collectors in your first hand (EXAMPLE: Sagami Warrior + Long-Horned Yak) then don’t throw away stuff like Emerald Salamander or Deepwood Stalker because they are great at gaining/maintaining tempo and you don’t need to fish for your collectors)

The Path To Paradise is an invaluable tech because it gives you a new land and a free +2 attack to Long-Horned Yak or Rakoan Raveller, alternatively it can summon a Crackthorn Beast 1 turn earlier or get a very nice position for your Emerald Salamander (and gives him 4/5 statline which is WAY better than 2/5)

I must say that this deck has done very well against all the yellow decks I have been seeing on the ladder of recent.

(This is my first deck published, tips and comments are welcome :slight_smile:

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Mountain
Faeria cost: 3.8
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x TAIGA EXPLORER (4f)
3x SAGAMI WARRIOR (3f 1F)
1x LIVING WILLOW (3f 2F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
2x RUUNIN’S GUIDANCE (2f 2F)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
1x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
3x CRACKTHORN BEAST (6f 3M 3F)
3x LONG-HORNED YAK (3f)
3x DEEPWOOD STALKER (3f 2F)
1x GRAPPLING HOOK (3f 2M 3W)
3x RAKOAN REVELLER (2f 1M)
2x PATH TO PARADISE (2f 1M 1F)
3x EMERALD SALAMANDER (6f 2M 2F)