[CSS] Community Sentiment Snapshot #1

@Decabytes did you share this thread on Reddit and Steam?

1 Like

I shared it on reddit. I’ll make sure to put it up on steam as well!

My answers to the bonus questions in order:

I really like the lack of dead turns and not having much RNG. I’m neither here nor there on the living board in and of itself, but I absolutely love the living board as a way to prevent dead turns.

The disenchanting system needs to be reworked. Its current design discourages using it except right after patches. There are cards that I have way too many of, but I hold onto them anyway in case they ever get nerfed because I don’t want to miss out on the extra
 memorie? crafting dust. This has an easy solution: differentiate between cards from packs and cards the player crafted. When a card is nerfed, you only get full disenchant value if it’s from crafting. This is fair to players who crafted a card and would like to refund their dust because of the nerf, but it allows players to disenchant extra cards without feeling anxiety that they may miss out on extra crafting dust.

Break the question about gold rewards into gold rewards for ladder and gold rewards for Pandora. I’d really like the 1-200 gold from failed practice runs back. It feels really bad to spend all that time on a draft, especially when you only get one a day, and have nothing to show for it. It doesn’t have to be as big a reward as it was, but getting something just for trying would make losses hurt less.

1 Like

What about Faeria do you enjoy?

The visual, really. It makes you comfy and wanting to stay for a long while.

What is a change that would increase your enjoyment of the game?

more cards of course, and more archetypes. We always see a RY as a burn variant. why not make it viably do other things?

Are there any question I should add to the next snapshot?

Maybe ask about monthly cup and competitive scene. do you enjoy it? are you interested in it? etc

I enjoy building strategic decks.

1. The ability to play in a draft without treasure cards.
  2. The ability to get needed cards faster D:

Are there any questions I should add to the next snapshot?

“What colors do you play”

1 Like

I tried Faeria on a recommendation as an alternative to Hearthstone thinking it would be an interesting game with an element of strategy.

I queued into both ranked and casual and was disgusted and instantly turned away. There is zero diversity in the meta. Everyone plays yellow rush, a braindead strategy that leaves very little room for either side to make interesting decisions. I queued into literally 8 of these decks in a row before deciding to leave the game for now. Hopefully future card releases provide some answers to this stale, awful meta. For now, no thanks, I’ll stick to Hearthstone. Just my experience, I’m sure people who play at higher ranks are having a better time.

On a more positive note, the game is very generous with coins and packs. I loved that about it. Also, the single player puzzles were absolutely a blast. I couldn’t get enough of those.

1. I love the board and the type of card game that it is. I LOVE that the ranks are ACTUALLY about skills and not just about having good cards. I LOVE that you can have great fun and competitive play as a new player.

2. More cards and possibly even a new deck would increase my enjoyment (metal or lightning deck with a whole new deck strategy?). Not to mention it would be nice to be able to purchase more things from the store.

3. None that I can think of

• the relaxed atmosphere, the sound and music, the artstyle!

• would love to see some easy to access tournaments in-game!

• what was first - the egg, or the yak?

This and more cards are the two things I want most.

There are too many things I enjoy about Faeria to list them all! But the thing I enjoy the most is the fact that I never feel Forced to spend money. I haven’t spent anything yet, but still put myself down as an occasional spender, because I’m planning to spend in the near future

There are several changes I’d like to see, please:
a) Nerf Tarum the Forest World by making him immune to Feed the Forest. His is the only special ability that Permanently affects the Entire board.
b) Nerf Magda “the Legend factory” by making her ability a Gift instead of Production.
c) Bring back the gold rewards for Practice Pandora. The “3 wins or nothing” makes playing it pointless for many. 50 gold per win would be enough. And add a couple of Pandora questions to the next snapshot :slight_smile:
d) Introduce an in-game mail function, to enable us to contact offline friends.

And I don’t think you’ll need the “underpriced” option in the questions for next time either :slight_smile:

A) But what about Failed Experiment? Sacrifice? How do you word it? How do you include such a specific change to mechanics without a 20 page guide detailing which interactions work how? I’m not sure if such nerf is even needed, but anyhow - it would NEED to be much more elegant. Like changing last word to “If Tarum dies in combat, then”

B) Magda is only really somewhat goodish in multi-color decks - and the more colors the better. Getting the income and land required to be able to rely on Magda, and then getting good RNG rolls on top of that to draw whatever you need? Making it a gift would nerf her to the ground, making her a much worse variant of Time of Legends, with useless body, non-viable in mono or dual-color decks, risky in three-color decks
 and probably a waste of space in prism decks.

C and D) Agreed

1 Like

A) The reason why I suggested immunity to Feed the Forest specifically is that it’s green, and it the card states “gain Faeria equal to the destroyed creature’s life”. Many people with mono-green decks use a kamikaze strategy to put Tarum on the board, then immediately Feed Forest with him, to fill the board with their forests and gain enough Faeria to play almost anything they like that same turn! Gamebreaking

B) It was just a suggestion. It’s unlikely anyone would listen, so no need to panic yet :slight_smile:

I like Faeria for the same reason that I like Summoner Wars and Nexus Ops, they’re light war games. I wouldn’t mind seeing cards that introduce more complicated and creative mechanics. I would even be interested in having more random effects to bring that risk/reward factor into play more often than it already is. All in all, I don’t really have much to complain about, but what would really interest me asks a lot. Such as different game mechanics. For instance, cards that allow new neutral land types (like a plateau or void). That’s just off the top of my head, and I wouldn’t want you guys to change the very nature of your game too drastically, but I encourage you to think outside the box!

1 Like

On the matter of if you should do this again. I answered “Yes in 30 days” but my more nuanced answer is “Yes in 30 days after the last unless a major change happens then wait 7 days after the change and ask then”. Basically if a big change or even just a medium change happens it will take a bit to settle down and a full week will mean any regular players will have had a chance to give it a shot. Asking the day after a big change just because you asked 30 days ago will just get a bunch of nonsense reactions about the change. While waiting 25 or so days just because you had asked recently will end up with a more measured response about the change but most people will have fallen into sides about the change and not have their own opinions at that point.

• The combination of turn-based strategy and CCG gameplay - really cool and innovative
  • Whimsical and beatiful art style in all aspects of the game; card art, UI, game board, cosmetics
  • Cool card interactions and mechanics, especially dual-colour cards and the interesting decks you can build around them.

• More Quality of Life features in terms of animation, effects, and customization. I’d generally like to see more to highlight the amazing card art on the board. I find the unit frames to be a little small and sometimes don’t let me fully appreciate the cards that I have on the board. I would love for Mythic cards to have a sort of static animation on the board/in your hand, similar to Hearthstone’s gold cards. Events like Seifer’s Wrath and Flame Burst are a great opportunity to add in some more cool on-use animations and sound effects beyond the defaults they currently have (Choking Sand and Last Nightmare are great examples of cool-looking effects). Gift, Last Word,Production, and Combat effects could also be made more impactful by visual/audio cues. One last little idea: unlockable cosmetics to customize the visuals for a player’s Lands in-game. Ooh and the ability to choose a card back for each specific deck.

• Maybe a question like “Pick Two: Which aspects of the game should be the biggest focus for development/improvement”, with 6ish options.

Thank you! Keep up the great work!