Custom Card Thread

[quote=“Serrakura, post:20, topic:6790”]
2-color lands with a cycle to go with them
[/quote]I like the dual-land idea. I sketched out a dual-land swamp tile creature idea, but I wasn’t sure about having stuff that needs new content or code.

I think they’re a bit too good at the moment. IMHO you’d need to make them at least 5 faeria. Perhaps land-specific traits too? like Moss Elemental being 2/3 jump taunt 5 faeria?

How would the Primeval Colossus count them? Just 1 special land?

Two more totally random:

(Art is placeholder only, no license found)
(Art is placeholder only, no license found)

1 Like

Totally original art I think - nobody’s ever seen her before, right?
(srsly, character is copyright so don’t use - it’s fair use on this post tho IIUC, kinda)

1 Like

To top off the monstrous ocean creatures theme, here’s a legendary creature to go with it. Art shamelessly jacked from MTG’s Colossal Whale.

2 Likes

I like quite a few of these. I’d say this is way too many blue + aquatic creatures to add. But picking the best say 5 might be good - unless you can think of other very situational areas for the other colors to balance vs blue-aquatic.

There is one really big problem with this set that I see, however: Blue non-aquatic vs blue aquatic is terribly unbalanced now.

Seaborn - Seems like a good keyword, but I’m not sure that doesn’t collect faeria shouldn’t be separate, so you can have aquatic ocean-summoned faeria collectors if you want them.

I actually would like Disfaerian as a keyword for doesn’t collect faeria. And another for “doesn’t enable adjacent land production” - Non-terragenic? :slight_smile:.

Best cards IMHO:

• Sandbar Lurker - Adds interesting strategy, requires more planning then most.
  • Man O’ War - I’d like more cards that manipulate attack power negatively.
  • Benthic Kraken - Great land destroying mechanic.
  • Maritime Merchant - Good positional strategy.
  • Hefty Geezer :slight_smile: - Probably won’t survive with that name though. (Assuming it only applies to creatures on the board)
  • Imperial Fireship - Aquatic ranged is good, and I like the special power.
  • Nemesis of Legends - Very evil, but not sure why it’s nemesis of legends, seems more like nemesis of jesters and farmboys :slight_smile:. There’s a tiny ambiguity - if two have equal attack it picks a random one, right? Just difficult to fit that in the text.

Misc comments:

• Ocean Trawler - Seems mostly balanced for a faeria generator, but I wonder if it’d be better with faeria collecting (see comment on seaborn above) - as it is it’s probably just going to sit right at the back like a cistern or faeria tree.
  • Tsunami - I still think it’s random unpredictable non-red AoE and like it is it’ll just be a source of frustration because you can’t plan vs it. Lots more lands (and maybe less faeria to compensate) to give warning and it’ll be good IMHO. I also think ruling out flying makes it uneven even if it does make sense thematically. Also - just an idea to consider, what about 1 damage per adjacent ocean tile per creature instead of a flat 4?
  • Looming Storm - I kinda like the idea, but it’s very OP vs neutral (not that anyone goes that much). I guess punishment is similar though.

Some problem cards IMHO:

• Killer Whale: Hugely OP I think. Venduran force costs the same (and is cheapish), yet this guy can hit anything adjacent to an ocean or friendly land within 4 tiles (just place a lake 1st). And it synergizes with flood letting it hit anything anywhere within 4 tiles.
  • Healing Mist is really, really OP. If you go small units and say have 5 out, just move them all to lakes for 1 turn and you get 10 health for 2 faeria.

Three more in keeping with your theme:

Interesting cards. Land denial could be another blue mechanic to help Aquatic creatures.

Ghost ship is OP for sac. when it becomes 0 for 0/0 it dies instantly and feeds Soul Eater and Bone Collector and you can do it again and again and again…

The unwritten rule here would be that once it becomes 0/0, it disappears entirely and doesn’t get added to your hand.

Pandora treasures in your ladder games? Also, I’ve seen this suggested before, but it’d be nice if RNG-generated cards were revealed to your opponent when they are made to allow for counterplay.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I had a similar one in my discard pile but I’ll go dredge it up …

But I don’t like the excessive RNG.

1 Like

What do you use to make custom cards?

That doesn’t seem right…

http://faeria-cards.com/create/

That tool is pretty good. Easy to use, too!

So this afternoon I used the tool to write out some ideas I had with abilities that I feel currently are absent and/or promote multiple colors in a deck. My grammar was a bit messy though.

Kunoichi art by Illia Iovenko, I don’t know about the others.

1 Like

Nice. I really like Enchanted Forest.

1 Like

Thanks. I like that one over most of the cards i made.

Agreed. Enchanted Forest is great. It may be a tad too powerful though, even if it’s a lot more restrictive than Elderwood Embrace in terms of usability.

The Living Crystal is interesting in its own right, though.

1 Like

Enchanted Forest is for making Red weaker in the meta. But it might be a little too powerful. You could make your Farm Boy army into a real army!

There are more cards in this thread that would curb Red and/or Crackthorn. Both Tiki Witch Doctor and Azuria would annoy red/crackthorn, whereas Kunoichi is designed with Crackthorn in mind.

Also, don’t triplepost. That’s quite annoying. You can edit previous posts if you want to add something.