Fights like the level 13 Rapala quest are silly

@Hezeus: New players?

No :slight_smile: I guess I need more characters :open_mouth:

Gotta agree.
This is the exact opposite of fun.
It just makes no sense to build a deck against another deck that you’ll never meet out there when playing against other people.
And for those who like puzzles, there already are puzzles.

And this isn’t even hard to figure out. Pack high attack cards & haste. Done. It is just extremely hard to get so lucky as to draw all the strong/haste cards. And downright impossible if you don’t even own enough of those cards.
Playing different colors (with higher than 1 of their kind) is impossible as you will die before you reach the guy or kill him.

Honestly, this one simply hasn’t been tested enough.

Yeah I just ran into this as a new player. Stopped me dead in my tracks with no way I can beat it without grinding out a ton of cards (Looked at the suggested cards here, I barely had a handful of them) or rely on absurd RNG. Utterly rubbish because you are NEVER going to face a scenario like this, there is never going to be a situation where you lose your whole deck the third turn

Utter rubbish.

I second this, please tweak this quest!

It’s a deck building puzzle, rather than a lethal puzzle like the Jalmyr quests.

I don’t think it’s too hard. I just made an all Common deck, played it against Rapala II three times in a row and won handily each time with totally different draws. I think for most people deck building is part of the fun of a CCG, but if you really don’t enjoy it, here’s the list I used with a few tips for alternative choices: https://www.faeria.com/the-hub/deck/527-questing-commoner-vs-rapala-i-ii

It’s not as though it blocks all three lanes of quests until you beat it anyway.

1 Like

Tweak this quest please. I just started playing this weekend and this is already blocking progression.

Solo mode should be easily completed by new players as a way to build up your deck. This quest is introduced WAY TOO SOON and effectively blocks you from progressing in building your deck. If this is a deck building challenge, then I should have a stock cards to build the right deck. Introduce this quest further down the line if that is the case, but it blocks progression for new players.

Turns
1 - Go first (choose to redraw any of 3 cards). [enemy turn: Gives you a full hand of cards 9/9]
2 - Draw 1 card, get’s destroyed [enemy turn: Destroys your deck]
3 - Take 1 damage = 19 health
4 - Take 2 damage = 17 health
5 - Take 3 damage = 14
6 - Take 4 damage = 10
7 - Take 5 damage = 5
8 - Take 6 damage = -1 (lose game)
9 - Take 7 damage = -8
10 - Take 8 damage = -16
11 - Take 9 damage = -25
12 - Take 10 damage = -35

Boss designed to be beaten in 7+ turns, more if you can increase your life. Not only that, but the boss plays a stall deck as well, with lots of creatures with taunt. Making it nearly impossible to rush it in time.

Very difficult to complete when you can not get gold to build deck by doing story mode due to this progression block. I would like to build a rush deck that could beat this, but I don’t have nearly enough cards to combine them in a way that will win a game in 7 turns.

I’d be curious to see your collection. Which cards do you have from the list I posted above?

So, I just beat Rapala I with this list:

2 Cutthroat Bandit.
3 Rebel Slinger.
2 Syland Horsemaster.
3 Maceman.
3 Freedom Fighter.
2 Soul Drain.
2 Demon WIng.
2 Slaughtering Shadow.
2 Death Walker.
3 Deathwish Ghoul.
2 Air Elemental.
2 Dune Drake.
2 Khalim’s Skyguard.

What happened was I played two Prairie towards Rapala, then one desert followed by an Air Elemental. Cleared the first Court Jester with the Elemental, then played two more Prairie towards the right, followed by a Freedom Fighter. Then I played a Desert on the Prairie next to Rapala, moved the Freedom Fighter to the middle, dropped a Slaughtering Shadow on the Desert, and finished him of with a Skyguard on Rapala’s left.

I had to sacrifice the Air Elemental and the Freedom Fighter to a Court Jester-buffed Imperial Guard to do it.

Honestly, this is probably the most frustrating fight I’ve encountered in a game - I love Faeria, but I suspect that Rapala I might cause less patient people than myself to just drop the game from frustration.

Just adding my voice in the hopes the devs fix this quest. Too many elements combined in an unfair and un-fun way. Make this a puzzle quest, take out some of the mobs with taunt, give us another turn or two
something.

I was having so much fun that I bought the steam pack
was not expecting to ragequit an hour later on a silly fish.

I also bought the Steam Pack, but no luck. With the cards I have, I fought Rapala with both Yellow (haste), Red (damage), mixed red/blue and Blue (jump) decks. Over 40 games, and the best I could do was 2 times to get to the point where I have 5 life and I’d win next turn, but it then kills you. Cards don’t matter, if you’re rushing you don’t have enough mana to play them.

Please, this is a sore thumb in an otherwise lovely game. It seems to me to be a typical case of developers not playing their own game.

I won with cheap yellow rush cards and simply luck to draw the right ones before Rapala destroys the deck. Took me under 10 runs.

For the last Rapala mission I took a red deck with “Flame Burst”, “Flamebomb” and “Seifer’s Wrath” to destroy his cratures before they could morph to something bigger.

So, I just tried this on a new account and found that:

• New players will not necessarily have all of the cards for the list that I posted by the time they meet Rapala II, but even if they have opened no Battle Chests and frivolously crafted a useless Rare for the crafting quest, they can craft it in full by disenchanting a single common card or by being sure to grind all of the Memoria reward solo missions during prior matches, so it’s a pretty long stretch of the bow to call the mission “pay to win”.

• Without crafting or opening anything, with the bare minimum cards that a new player can possibly have in their collection, as long as they haven’t disenchanted anything, this is the alternative list I’d use: Deck | Ascetic Scrooge vs Rapala I&II | Faeria Hub
    It can win most of the time but when compared with the previous list, it is more challenging to use with most draws.

• Rapala mission 2 is actually the first Rapala mission encountered, with the more straightfoward Rapala mission 1 showing up immediately afterward.

• It appears that the quest is supposed to be really, really easy, as Fugoro shows up at the last minute and gives you a Stone of Fair Fortune to save the day! Replaying the mission on my main account, this is bugged and he doesn’t show up, making the mission more challenging (I assume everyone looking for help with the mission is affected by the same bug). Even on my test account where he does show up, his dialogue is bugged:

Edit: Ok, so this quest got some attention in the latest patch. It’s been moved to third Rapala quest instead of first and the error message has changed to the correct dialogue. This probably means that the bug where the Stone of Fair Fortune doesn’t show up has been fully resolved and you should be able to beat it with just about any random starter deck, rather of having to build one especially.