Gifts are either not coded correctly or explained poorly, or the skyship radiance is bugged

So when i play the skyship scourge of oversky, it uses the gift “Enemy creatures cannot move next turn” then if i use a medallian to turn the ship into one of my other creatures or i frogify my own ship on that turn, the enemy creatures can move next turn, how does this make any sense? The effects from the ship happen signifying that the gift has worked, yet if he is simply transformed on that turn, the gift is removed, this is either a problem with the code of gifts (which will cause more problems with similar interactions in the future) or gifts are simply not explained properly.

From your wiki.

Gift ~ Does something when you play this card from your hand.

Where does it state that the creature still has to be in play or be the same creature on the next turn for the gift to still take effect?

Fix please.

1 Like

A “gift” is an effect that happens as soon as the creature is placed on the board.

Also, the Scourge of the Oversky gift is “Creatures cannot Move on their next turn” - they can still Attack targets that are right next to them. I’m sure you know that already, but it can be confusing for some people.

Now to your question. Medallion and Frogify are Transformation effects. Transformations remove All original effects the creature had. replacing them with those of the creature it’s been transformed into. I know for a fact that they remove Haste, although I’m not sure about Deathtouch. So it is obvious that the ship’s effect is also removed after transformation.

The only effects still valid even after transformation or removal of the creature are those that affect the Next creature you play, obviously.

Actually, that’s wrong. The skyship is actually just bugged because of the way that the effect was coded, and its difficult to fix it.

Now to explain something further:
“Transformations remove All original effects the creature had. replacing them with those of the creature it’s been transformed into. I know for a fact that they remove Haste, although I’m not sure about Deathtouch. So it is obvious that the ship’s effect is also removed after transformation.”
This is actually incorrect. Look at the keywords:

“Haste: Doesn’t have to wait a turn to attack, move or harvest.”
This is a continuous effec that the creature gives itself. That’s why it goes away if its transformed.
“Gift: Does something when played from your hand.”
This is worded differently: Merely playing it form your hand should trigger the effect. Its not linked to the card any more afterwards.

1 Like

“Obviously” you don’t understand the difference between haste (an ongoing effect) and a gift (an effect that happens the moment a creature lands on the board as state by the description i pulled from the faeria wiki. Death touch is an “ongoing effect” of course it’s removed when a creature is transformed, obviously.

This is defintely bugged and not working correctly, gifts should 100% persist whether the creature has been transformed after entering and triggering the gift or not because the gift has already been triggered, obviously.

Now i have found a new bug where if a Rakaon chieftan is transformed, he STILL gives +1 +0 to nearby creatures for the first turn, i saw this happen when used with Rakaon illusionist, not sure about other transformation cards. The Rakaon chieftan became a drake and still gave +1 +0 to nearby creatures as they were summoned around him. Gona make a new post for this new bug i’ve found, it defintely changes balance / gameplay as does the skyship / transformation bug.

Uhh about that.
Because the skyship bug doesn’t trigger if he’s shapeshifted in the opponent’s turn(IE: Opponents can’t exploit this) and its a difficult bug to fix due to the way Radiance is coded, it might not be fixed for a while. That’s what I vaguely remember a dev saying anyways.