God Rank's Krog

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Krog, as we all know, is the master of all. The one and only king we all owe our lives and obedience to. But with all seriousness - the card is not broken and neither is the new addition to the game, namely Krog’s Dinner. I’ve been playing around this combo for the past week until I found the perfect one. At least for me as it got me from rank 4 to God Rank in a couple of hours (basically a win streak of around 10 games) beating the game’s meta (RY burn, blue jump, yellow rush, crackthorne) etc.

I first saw a similar deck in luuu9’s stream but I felt it won’t go into distance withour taunt and a game changer. So I added two Ogre Battlers and a Meteor. Oh, trust me - this meteor caused more rage quits than any card in the game.

Enjoy.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain
Faeria cost: 4.8
Difficulty: Intermediate

2x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
3x UNDERGROUND BRIGAND (3f 2M)
3x GIFT OF STEEL (3f 2M)
2x UNDERGROUND BOSS (5f 2M)
2x OGRE BATTLER (8f 2M)
1x SEIFER, BLOOD TYRANT (5f 2M)
1x KROG, THE OGRE KING (12f 4M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
2x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
1x METEOR (12f 5M)
3x HERALD OF WAR (3f 2M)
3x KROG’S DINNER (3f 2M)

Hey cool deck, always wanted to play the King:P

But since i’m new to the game i’m not quite sure how to play the deck properly, like what to mulligan etc.

Could u do a quick write-up?

Hi Loeffel, thanks for you kind words! Always try to have cheap creatures in your hand i.e. Boss, Brigand, Herald, or Seifer. Sometimes I also like to keep Meteor so it gets don’t to 0 cost faster. Regarding lands placement it depends on your opponent but try picking one side and going there with your combat creatures, buffing them with Gift of Steal.

1 Like

If I don’t care too much about krog, I could just replace it with Magnus and the deck should still work right?