Green Ambush

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This is a relatively simple green variant I used to slowly but surely climb up to God rank. It performs surprisingly well against rush decks and is a fair match-up against most of the current meta-game.

The idea is to occupy a single well and then expand towards your opponent to apply early pressure. If the cards don’t allow it, occupy your side of the map and move up carefully until you get at least one ambush card (Syland Horsemaster or Sagami Grovecaller). Ambush cards are key as you want to get personal as soon as possible. When fighting against rush, start by occupying a single well (take the other once you have a defense set up) and use your buffs, taunts and extra mobility to make value trades with the opponent. Do this until you have a solid board, but do not commit too much to avoid Doomsday damage.

In the starting hand, you want to get either a Sagami Warrior or a Wood Elemental and one of the ambush cards. Everything else is more or less mid-game, but you can have at least a decent game as long the starting hand isn’t all buff cards.

I used to have 3x Bone Collector instead of the current 3x Sagami Warriors, and 1x more Oak Father and 1x Tiki Caretaker instead of the 2x Voice of Truth. Turns out there is just no time to work on the Bone Collectors in this setup, and you have more offensive flexibility with the Warriors. I considered removing the 2x Voice of Truth, but they performed amazingly in countering certain deck archetypes (Apex, Disciple, Zealot, etc.). The only problem with them is if you draw both of them early, but even then they’re decent faeria collectors and can occasionally be used as healers.

Have fun!

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest
Faeria cost: 4
Difficulty: Beginners

3x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
3x SAGAMI WARRIOR (3f 1F)
3x SAGAMI GROVECALLER (4f 2F)
2x TIKI CARETAKER (3f 2F)
2x OAK FATHER (7f 2F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
3x VERDURAN FORCE (6f 2F)