Green/Yellow Flying Deck

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This is the deck that took me into God rank after a bit of grinding. It’s got some clear flaws, but I found its mechanics to be fun, and I very rarely see someone on ladder running something like it.

The idea in the deck is survive long enough to get your drakkars out, giving your new flying cards very good value. Also, you are running so many events (16 total) that getting your faeries upgraded is usually a 50/50 with every draw, and an upgraded faerie is insanely good for its cost and is worth playing even if it gets sniped by a burn card.

I usually mulligan anything that isn’t a soul pact, a drakkar or a faerie. Your first lands will depend on what you’ve drawn, but I usually throw down on turn 1 the land for whichever faerie I have in hand, and on turn 2 complete it (unless I have a drakkar in hand, in which case it’s top priority).

This deck is really really hard to play against decks with a ton of board clear (mainly red), and will sometimes fail against all out rush decks (upgrading a green faerie will often solve your problem), but it’s kickass against mid range decks and can go pretty late if your drakkars don’t get sniped.

All that’s really missing from it is a Khalim legendary, but I don’t have one. Windstorm Colossus doesn’t fit the flying theme, but you’re running so many events, you’re almost certainly gonna get to play it for 5 or 6 mana. I should probably run for than one, but I also don’t want to risk getting two early on stuck in my hand.

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.3
Difficulty: Beginners

2x HOLD THE LINE! (1f)
1x TETHRA, SOUL OF THE WILD (10f 2F)
3x FLOWERSILK FAERIE (2f 2F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
1x EARTHCRAFT (2f 1F)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
2x SOUL PACT (2D)
2x KHALIM’S SKYGUARD (4f 2D)
3x DRAKKAR SKYCAPTAIN (4f 1D)
3x WINDBORNE EMISSARY (3f 2D)
1x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
2x SUNSILK FAERIE (2f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
2x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)

Thanks for sharing this deck. I was looking for something like this to try. I’ll give it a go. Btw, I do have a Khalim that’s just itching to see play in this deck. What would you recommend removing for the Khalim?