GY Sacrifice

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

My ideal GY Sac deck, which I don’t have all the cards for yet. Subject to modifications.

Things I’m not sure about:

• Drop: Hold The Line, Earthcraft
  • 2 or 3 of: Elderwood Hermit, Demon Wrangler, Oradrim Fanatic, Bloomsprite

I like having some taunt and heal from HTL, and Earthcraft helps a lot against rushers who start taking up all my land, but most GY Sac decks don’t use them. Hermits and Bloomsprites have a lot of RNG to them but this deck needs Sac targets. Demon Wrangler is cheap and effective sacrificer. Oradrim Fanatic is useful mobility.

Everything else in the deck feels non-negotiable (Assassins, Death Walkers, Last Nightmare, Soul Eaters, Bone Collectors, Wind Soldiers)

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Desert
Faeria cost: 3
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x HOLD THE LINE! (1f)
3x BONE COLLECTOR (2f 1F)
3x BLOOMSPRITE (2f 2F)
2x ELDERWOOD HERMIT (3f 1F)
3x EARTHCRAFT (2f 1F)
2x ORADRIM FANATIC (3f 2D)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
3x SHAYTAN ASSASSIN (3f 2D)
2x DEMON WRANGLER (2f 1D)
2x DEATH WALKER (3f 2D)
1x DOOMGATE, DOOR TO OBLIVION (3f 2D)
3x SOUL EATER (5f 3D 3F)

earthcraft was one of my favorite cards at ranks 25-17, but I didn’t start advancing (now at 8,) until well after I dropped it.

I don’t think your deck is desperate for more land, anyways.

You have other options; choking sands, falcon dive (you can take out your own elderwood hermit with it, if not use it on an enemy.)

also, problem with using too many x3 cards, is that your hand can kind of get choked with limited answers. if you make a bigger effort to reduce x3 to x2, then you can add a more cards which give you a greater variety in your draw, (and hence higher chances of drawing an answer.) …I would consider dropping wind soldier to x2, shaytan assassin to x2, and then ADDING x2 that altar of souls (?) card, that lets you sacrifice 2 life to draw a 2-cost 6/1 shadow spirit or something? …that would go well with soul eater, which, again, I would suggest dropping to x2 again. It would be terrible to have a hand with 2-3 soul eaters early in the game.

also time of legend would be great; would make it almost as if that doomgate is x2 instead of x1 (ie is almost like a copy, doubling your chances of getting it.)

Hi,

Regarding Earthcraft:
The problem with GY Sac is that it can be a slow start especially with an unfortunate starting hand. I come up against a lot of rushes where I need to place prairies to defend, and getting 2/2 GY is hard enough in a timely manner to play most cards. Earthcraft helps a lot with that, AND it has a draw so it’s not slowing down your deck at all. GY Sac generally doesn’t have faeria problems so there’s pretty much no reason not to run Earthcraft besides not enough other cards (and yet, I never fatigue anyway so this is not an issue IMO).

Time of Legends would be good, yeah. I don’t have any legendaries at this point though, so it’s all a pipe dream lol.

Choking sands - I don’t have any of these anyway, so it’s a moot point, but I definitely don’t think it’s a good card to put in. We have Last Nightmare for removal already and I rarely find creatures with 1-3 attack to be a real threat. I’m more concerned with sacrificing my creatures than sacrificing theirs. The main use of Choking sands would be to remove some burn cards, that’s pretty much it.

3 Soul Eaters is mandatory. Against decks with removal, you can generally kiss 1-2 Soul Eaters goodbye without getting to use them at all, and considering this is your main late game hope, running any less is a big risk.

Altar of Souls introduces self harm into the deck, which I’m extremely uncomfortable with when I have no healing. It’s inviting disaster if I run into a burn deck. There’s also like no point running this AND Doomgate.

You forget the upside of running cards in 3x, it increases the likelihood that you won’t get trolled out of drawing them. I don’t feel like this deck is lacking answers. I just struggle most using it against burn and Y rush, perhaps this is from inexperience though.