How does this card work? How best to use this card?

I tried it today and it gave the original version, not buffed or damaged. The target were the blue faerie (Aurora buffed) and damaged Baeru.

@Jeffbert, I found out yesterday that you canā€™t build neutral land under Aquatic-only creatures.

that would be a fun way to try to destroy your opponents aquatic creatures :smiley:

Fixed that for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Testing Orosei, before and after. That Baeru was copied with Auroraā€™s Creations and has a reduced cost of 3 faeria.

Before

After

All creatures in the first screenshot except the frog on the left has not moved. But after they were transformed, some creatures lost their movement for that turn and died on ocean afterwards because I could not make land. Does anyone know how this works?

I tested before this with Mirror Phantasm and used Auroraā€™s Creations to create Orosei 3 times in the same game. (forgot to take screenshot)

Findings:

The transformations are based on the updated faeria cost of the cards, not original cost.

All new transformed creatures has base stats, no buffs based on description.

All Mirror Phantasm were transformed to Walking Fortresses, or Red Devil. Nice upgrades. Potentially good combo?

Orosei itself (the original 10 faeria cost version) was transformed to Volcanic Colossus (but with the cost updated based on what happened in the game before that, so it got a new updated cost of 7 faeria, which then became another Walking Fortress on further Oroseiā€™s transformation). Hate Seeds had cost of 6 faeria, game updated the faeria cost, not the original 7 faeria cost.

The Walking Fortresses kept transforming back to themselves, because there is no 11 faeria cost creature, I imagine.

The creatures lost movement because they were neither flying nor aquatic, so they couldnā€™t move on the ocean tiles. Your other creatures were occupying all your land, so they couldnā€™t move there either. Hence, no available movement.
Creatures without flying or aquatic will die at the end of their controllerā€™s turn if they are on ocean tiles. However, they may use the turn to move to land tiles. If you had adjacent empty lands, your creatures could have moved there and survived.

1 Like

It has also been confirmed that if there are no creatures with a suitable cost (which is the case with walking fortresses) they will be healed rather than transformed.

1 Like

Oh I see. So should make land or move creatures to allow for possible movements before Orosei. Thanks!

Good to know, thanks!

If gnat respawn with golden aviary on board, does it count for Firebringerā€™s buff?

I wouldnt think so because the aviary buff only comes after the creature has been played onto the board. Not sure though!

Thanks @J0k3se . Actually it does. I have verified it. I was going to make a deck for the metashaker based on this idea but couldnā€™t make it viable. Aviary and Gnats kept dying. :worried:

1 Like