How to make Kobold Barracks and Imperial Engineer great without changing them!

How to make Kobold Barracks and Imperial Engineer great without changing them!

I introduce to you, our old friend Azrael Shedim! Now with a new ability,

1 Like

Or for it to be less imba, make it a 2/4 with: Whenever your opponent draws a card they take 1 damage.

1 Like

For a card like this it would make for a good harvester that relaxes in the back. Thing is this sets it to a death clock similar to what Blood Obelisk was back when it dealt damage every turn. If going that route, I’d be more inclined to do:

Structure:
Between 3 and 5 Life (Max cap on damage from this card being 9 to 15 from this card alone)
Whenever an opponent draws a card, they take 1 damage and Azrael Shedim loses one life.

This way the card can be synergized with Kobold Architect?

I like where you are going with this though, reminds me of the first days of the game!

oh making Architect stronger would be fun too!

1 Like

I think it’s a really cool idea, especially in how it grants extra value to anything that buffs its Attack (Campfire, Runiin’s Guidance, etc.). However, I can’t get past the fact that it could, in theory, single-handedly KO a (non-rush) blue or green player by the fifth or sixth turn, leaving them nothing they can do about it, with relatively little commitment from Azreal’s owner. I know that a majority of decks at the high level need (and have) some way to turn aggressive when they see cards like this, but I think there would be some level of frustration throughout the ladder, and especially at the lower ends where the game is played at a slower pace. Is there any way whatsoever that a relatively slow blue or green deck could deal with this guy?

1 Like

You know, something I thought about recently, as I noticed that you were trying to make use of Kobold Barracks and Imperial Engineer. Although I do enjoy me some Kobold Barracks, I was thinking more along the lines of:

Oracle Text: "Deal 1 damage for each Production Ability triggered this round randomly among enemy targets"

This way, once you drop down Imperial Engineer any and all Production Cards “trigger” and you get a free 1 damage scattered across enemies on the board (possibly including the enemy orb?).

To go along with the theme, I’d make it a 1/4 with everything else the same. Thoughts?