How was your (practice) pandora run today?

You can play in safety. :sunglasses:

I deserved the loss after I played all of the minions in my hand with a friendly Oakling on the boardā€¦ though I was already on the back foot and probably would have lost even if I hadnā€™t made any errors.

1 Like

So many big creatures. Must be a nightmare to play againstā€¦

Actually, what is the counter to this deck? How would one deal with all those big creatures?

Blue seems like the best choiceā€¦ triple Frogify? or Yellow rush with Doomsday and Last Nightmare?

I think the loss in this case was to a faster Green deck that pressured my bad opening hand, which is something that any colour can do. In general though, yes, I feel absolute despair when Iā€™m playing this kind of deck and my opponent pauses for slightly too long before they play their land, because only mono-Blue players do that and itā€™s going to be a Lake in the middle every time. :cold_sweat:

I donā€™t think Doomsday and Last Nightmare can save Yellow from an above average Green draft in Pandora, unless theyā€™re put in a top tier Yellow rush deck, which youā€™re pretty unlikely to be able to draft. The best Green counters, on average at least, are Blue, B/G and slightly heavier Green decks, since any colour of rush can be stymied by any number of mid-Green tools if theyā€™re drawn in time and burn decks risk the possibility of multiple Green heals.

1 Like

1-2 today. :frowning:

Green Blue deck with 2 Legends (Aurora and Ruuin), Mirror Fantasm and Apex Predator, lot of buffs but only 1 sure removal. I thought it was a good deck but not enough faeria harvestor meant 4.0 average cost was too expensive for me. Never drew Mirror Fantasm or Aurora in all 3 games.

Many mistakes in first game. I had a +6/+6 Possessed Ursus from Ruuinā€™s Presense(?), but opponent used Voice of Truth on it and it went downhill from there.

Straight forward win in second.

Opponentā€™s big creatures too strong in the third.

2 Likes

3-1 today. :relaxed:

Red-Yellow deck with lot of high attack creatures, and few minions for harvesting faeria. 3.6 deck cost so ok to play. Kind of lucky but happy to get a free pandora coin from practice for the first time.

First game was the best. I got rushed early and some of my defenders got taken out by redā€™s removal cards. Board gradually cleared and I mounted my counter attack, Kobold Barrack key to getting enough attack strength to take out his defenders quickly.

I had the upper hand with 3 creatures threatening but he used that monkey to clear the board and turn it completely around. He probably thought he was going to win with 18 health but I had a wind soldier who turned into a 10/10 (treasure) and a Flame Splitter to deliver that final 1 damage I needed. It couldnā€™t be closer, 1 damage and 1 turn determined the outcome. I was probably lucky he didnā€™t have any direct damage left in the penaltimate turn. :sweat_smile:

Kobold Barrack was absolutely crucial in the last few turns. It gave me just enough attack in multiple match up and survived the monkey to give me just enough attack to decide the game.

http://imgur.com/a/5JxgR

Second game was plain bad. Got red rushed and I had no answer at all and just rolled over.

Third was a forfeit win.

I rushed in the final game and it was fairly straight-forward win. I was allowed to block off the entire right attacking half, good draws getting the right creatures did the rest.

1 Like

Yesterday was terrible, 1-5 practice plus full pandora.

3-1 today. :smile: Mono-green deck with more buffs than big creatures.

In one game I had a Possessed Ursus buffed to 3/12. Opponent surrounded it, one of them a Battle Rager. It could have been a one turn kill in hindsight for my opponent, by raising Ursusā€™ attack through mininonsā€™ suicide first then Battle Ragerā€™s suicide. But my opponent decided to kill it using hellfire and the Ursus became 384/2 or something like that. :astonished: Then Seiferā€™s Wrath and it died. :laughing: :sweat_smile: Fun. :relaxed:

So awesome that Iā€™ve decided to uninstall the gameā€¦

Yesterday was plain terrible. 4-9 for standard pandora.

But today I got my first 9-wins run! So happy. :grinning:

I got to 8-0 without a lot of trouble. Green-Red deck, just grinding opponent down with my big creatures game after game. Then in the penaltimate game, I made the mistake of attacking Ruuin and she kept coming back and became a 12/12 monster by the end. I used Voice of Truth on it early to make it 4/4 again but my opponent used Elderwood Embrace to buff to 6/8 and it became 8/8 when she came back on the board (is that a bug? expected 8/10).

Took a break after 2 losses in a row and won a fairly straight forward final game. :relaxed:

Edit: The run after I lost 0-3 with mono-green. :sweat_smile:

Edit 2: I won again! 9-2 :grin:

Yellow-Blue rush. Lost the first and maybe sixth game but fast wins after that, very few games went to pandora.

Edit 3: 0-3 again :sweat_smile:

Then 8-2, playing yellow rush both runs. Lost in the final game because I ignored threat at my orb for too long and when a 6/6 Zealous Defender was summoned, it was too late. I needed one more turn. Would have been perfect to win last game but happy with 8 wins any day.

1 Like

1 W / 0 L Pandora run
I centered my deck around the greenā€™s high health (Oak Father FTW) plus Gabrian Enchantress and Gabrian Enchantment. You could imagine what happens next.

Congrats on 9 wins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not well :confused:

I just donā€™t enjoy Pandora very much. Iā€™m at rank 18 right now and I enjoy climbing the latter much more since I am invested in the deck. Pandora gives good rewards though

Have you put together a deck you like?

I find itā€™s hard to put together a good deck because new players like us are missing so many cards, potentially facing players with much better decks.(donā€™t want to disenchant any card) Itā€™s also a bit demoralizing to drop rank after working so hard to get to that point. But itā€™s satisfying to see a planned combo/strategy play successfully on the board, you canā€™t get that with pandora.

I like Pandoraā€™s even playing field and fresh start after every run. If I win more games than I lose overall, then I am fairly happy and not discouraged after losses. Rewards are so much better in pandora too. :heart_eyes:

Thanks J0k3se. :slight_smile:

Rushing for season end rewards these last few days.

My last 7 pandora runs are:

9-2
0-3
9-2
0-3
8-2
1-3
9-2 :joy:

Donā€™t know why results fluctuate so much.In some runs, I played yellow rush again after winning with it 9-2, but lost 3 in a row. :sweat_smile:

The latest run with Red aggro(?) deck. Lot of beefy creatures with high attack, Shedim Pest, Exalted Ogre, Fire Elemental and a couple of 7/7 and 6/9 Ogre Battler too.

But the stars from my pov were Flamesilk Faerie and Volcano Colossus. Flamesilk Faerie gave me the initiative in several games and Volcano Colossus (7/7 ranged for 7 faeria late game) is a complete monster.

I have wondered how to get ranged units to work since the beginning. The way to do it I think are to rush or go on the offensive so opponent is occupied in his half and canā€™t bother the ranged unit, or build land around the ranged unit so opponent canā€™t get within melee distance of the ranged unit.

The penaltimate game which I lost to go 8-2 was close. My opponent had just enough damage and I was one turn away from winning. Lucky final game was straight-forward.

I got Seifer the Legendary from the latest chests too. Lucky. :smile:

Pandora mode hates meā€¦ doing practice runs and losing 2-1 every time. Last 2 games got my opponent to 1 life and still lostā€¦ I think Iā€™m just unlucky as I win ranked and casual matches. All this randomness is killing me!

Better luck next time. I only did average in practice pandora but stringed together a few winning streaks at the end of last season, so practice is not necessarily a reflection of normal pandora. I find that if I lose early in the run then the later games seemed to be quite easy.

Lost 1-2 yesterday but won 3-1 today. Red combat burn deck. In my only loss today, I was about to win but my opponent used the treasure that gave him an extra turn and that gave him enough damage. First time I have seen that treasure used before.

With treasure being more powerful and cheaper than even Legendary (especially with guaranteed 6 faeria per turn in pandora phase), Pandora is more a race than anything else. Itā€™s really hard to defend and I feel you need to go for it. Faeria collection is not as important but if you can double collect on turn 2 or 3, itā€™s a big advantage.

I just had the most entertaining anti-rush win of all times. I play second, Tiki Totem, Bloomsprite and Flowersilk Faerie on hand.

1 - I greet him. He opens up with two neutrals towards me. I reply with single forest to the side.
2 - He continues with very confident two neutrals towards me. I draw a Yak, plop down Tiki, follow up with explore towards well and plop forest on other side with 2/2 Faerie. I then plop Yak to collect.
3 - He plops a desert right in front of my orb. Not so confidently. I only grow in confidence seeing he doesnā€™t immediately cancel towards faeria wells. I draw a Court Jester and expand with neutral lands on secondary anti-rush plots. I move Faerie to collect, plop down the 1/3 Jester and 3/3 Bloomsprite.
4 - He stalls until the clock runs down. When itā€™s on 10 seconds, I stop watching letā€™s plays on my second monitor and greet him again. When itā€™s my turn, I aggressively expand neutrals towards his orb, move Sprite to block his desert and Jester to block potential new aggresive deserts, look with a smirk at Verduran Force I drew and go back to watching the letā€™s play. I end my turn with 10s on the clock.
5 - He discovers his clock gets cut because he didnā€™t take his turn last turn. And thatā€™s the proverbial dropā€¦!

I never had a match where I could so clearly feel my opponent smirk turning upside down :smiley:

2 Likes

Getting back into Pandora this season. So far, itā€™s a lot worse than last season. :sweat_smile: I may have benefitted from easy matchmaking at the end of last season.

Practice: 3-1, 1-2, 3-1
Pandora: 1-3, 0-3, 2-3

Not going well at all in normal Pandora. All 3 losses were horrible in the latest run. Hereā€™s a screenshot of me getting destroyed by Garudan. :sweat_smile: At least I can look forward to crafting and playing with Garudan on my side later this month.

3-1 then 5-3 today. Both were yellow rush decks.

Very happy with the second win in my practice run. Behind all game and made mistakes but delivered winning blow by moving enemy taunt away from my Sky Swallower. Best come from behind win for me.

The final game in the 5-3 run was winnable, but I made the mistake of going for the orb with my colossus rather than taking out enemy threat at my orb with my assassin. Colossus got tied down by taunt and next turn opponent used that aoe burn treasure to wipe out all my attackers. Should have sticked with the safe option ā€¦ probably.

On the upside, I got Aurora today! :grinning: After getting Radiance yesterday, my Legendary collection is growing healthily. Have enough memoria to craft Khalim and Garudan, then I will own all the good Legendary. :sunglasses: (except of Time of Legend)

Getting totally dominated in late game in one of my losses. This game was bad.

Aurora :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great ! Now build Monthly cup worthy decks, youā€™ll need it (maybe). :3

1 Like

3-1 today. :grinning: After 1-2, 2-2 and 0-2 the previous 3 days.

Drafted a Green-Yellow deck, a new experience for me, with one Soul Eater, first time I play this card. I didnā€™t know what to do with the deck in the first game and kind of meandered and lost. Second game I hung back and eventually used my 9/9 Soul Eater to trade off enemyā€™s big creature. Last 2 wins were rushes in which I didnā€™t have to use my Soul Eater. All 3 wins were delivered by movement tricks, 2 with Flash Wind to move blocking enemy creatures and final win with Grovecaller to teleport my creature away from Taunt to deal the winning blow. :v: It was fun, very happy to win with this deck. Forgot to take screenshot, too absorbed in the game during the interesting turns.

In other news, I got to rank 10 with a patched up blue jumper deck (only 1 Triton Trainer, but I have both Aurora and Baeru). I havenā€™t lost with this deck yet, on a 9 (approx.) games winning streak so far. I am surprised at how strong it is. The only game I came close to losing was to a green rush, needed a Wavecrash Colossus and Baeru to neutralize the attack out that game.

2-3 in Standard Pandora. Yellow Rush deck. I thought it was a good deck with 2 Choking Sand and Last Nightmare and 2 more Treasure for removal, but it didnā€™t work out at all. 1 win was opponent forfeiting before mulligan.