Iona, Hated by All

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Variation of the RY Event Burn Deck.

Mulligan for Divine Guardian, Blood Singer and Iona and start collecting Faeria

Remove all enemy creatures by using your events
It´s worth waiting some turns and stockpile Faeria to clear the whole board
You will take the enemy down passively using Hellfire, Seifers Wrath and because of Blood Singers.

This deck is really toxic to play against and sometimes I feel bad for playing it :frowning:

Iona is used as a stable collector, which can only be removed by events or effects like Groundshaker

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.8
Difficulty: Intermediate

2x BLOOD SINGER (3f 2M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
3x DERELICT TOWER (3f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
2x FIREBOMB (4f 2M)
3x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
3x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
1x IONA, BELOVED BY ALL (2f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
1x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
3x HELLFIRE (7f 2M)
3x DIVINE GUARDIAN (2f)

This reminds me a bit of luuu’s mono red blood rain deck. But with yellow splash of course. Have you thought about maybe adding some blood songs for the reduction (you have soul drain to offset self harm) and imo LN is too greedy, you have plenty of removal already, i think maybe +1 choking -3 LN would be better.

i’ve theorycrafted a variant with -iona (i don’t currently have it and it’s low priority on my craft list) -3 LN, -3 derelict tower. +1 choking, +1 singer, +2 blood song and +2 windstorm colossus (not sure about the colossus, but the event synergy might be good vs slow ramp decks/greedy decks) Whats your thoughts? also +1 for thinking outside the meta box.

oh and +1 firebomb forgot about that.

Actually sounds like a nice idea but although its greedy i believe LN is still pretty good in this deck as it allows you to immediately clear big creatures like Verduran Forces or Ogre Battlers, which are hard to deal with if you dont have enough cards in hand and Faeria . Maybe you can take out 1 LN and 1 card of Tower or Fire Storm to add 2 Blood Songs. But I haven´t really played Blood Song at all, so i don´t know if it would work :D.

And Iona is indeed optional. Another Blood Singer is probably more stable, but I wanted to add something special to the deck and Iona is a nice and cheap collector.