Jump Wishes

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Hello everyone, I present you the deck I climbed god-rank with this season (10th). To be more precise, I played 80% of my games between rank 5 and godrank with it. It’s not fully optimized as I wasn’t playing it to tryhard but to have fun, not the best deck of the meta, but it has its strong points and is tons of fun to play!

Gameplay

It is a three wishes control deck based on mobility. If we don’t count groundshaker and aurora, all our creatures have good mobility and can make full use of oradrim fanatic’s movement ability to control the board. This deck is quite hard to play regarding land placement, as our creatures have a lot of mobility but we need to make colored lands to get towards our wishes as well as being able to play our cards (since we don’t really focus on one color), this means that if we are not efficient enough with our landmaking we will lack lands to jump onto. We have 5 land acceleration cards to help with that.
The early turns are extremely important, since this is when you make your early lands and decide your strategy for the game, depending on what your opponent started with, what your hand is, and which strategies aren’t available for you in the match. Our creatures are not big, so we need to decide early in the game if we want to build on the same side of our opponent or not. The deck still excells at making use of the full board, in order to collect in areas the opponent has not reinforced, as well as threatening weak harvesters. With the right hands, it is also quite decent at racing (this is for example the best strategy against Red midrange and Warstorm decks, you want to force them to drop defensive creatures so that you have time to build towards your three wishes).

The value in the deck obviously comes from three wishes, but also a lot from all the favorable trades you will be able to get on your opponent thanks to mobility+buffs. Be careful though, the pressure you will have on the board will often lead to your opponent being afraid to drop undefended harvesters, and as a result will often hold faeria and in the process give you a lot of things to play around. Triton Trainer is the extra bit of stats value that makes this deck playable, as it gives some nice stats early in the game. Don’t be greedy with it though, controlling the board is more important than putting the buff on the first creature you can, since you have a lot of jump creatures you will eventually find a target. Starting hands with Water Elemental + Triton Trainer for example should allways have you play water elemental on turn one and not wait to get the buff on it.

Mulligan

With your mulligan you are looking for Water Elementals (2), Triton Trainer (3), Ruunin’s Messenger (2), Khalim (1). I also keep earthcrafts if I have any playable creature next to it (fanatics and groundshakers). When I have one starting creature, I then mulligan actively for earthcrafts and triton trainers. Groundshaker can be kept, but you generally want to avoid making mountains too early since you will mostly need the other three colors asap. Starting defensive mountain into groundshaker by the well on turn two can however make some decks choose more passives land placements early game which benefit you a lot as a three wishes deck, but unless you know the deck of your opponent I don’t advice at all to start with mountains.

Land Placement

About land placement, I try to start with an island in front of my well as it is a great spot for early Elementals or Trainers, and it also keeps your full flexibility as to where you will build later on. For the rest, you need to actively think on every turn. When I need a “colorless” land to build towards an area, I will generally make one forest 'and keep the second forest to buil on a good spot to drop messengers), or a desert since we will need 3 anyways for last nightmares. Wind soldier spots for desert needs to be though about early as you will want to avoid making double neutrals to help one hit a target, which means you will often make colored lands in apparently suboptimal hexes to make sure you won’t lose a landmaking turn to use a wind soldier.

Match-Ups

About the match-ups, It’s not that bright. The deck feels favorable against blue-red control (wish value) and warstorm (we both have slow land progression but we have more value overall and more mobility). I think it’s slightly favorable against non-rush monogreens (you will need a timely last nightmare in this match-up, if you get it you will generally get the tempo you needed to get your wishes value and board control). Against all the rest th decks feels 40-60 winrate, which means we can win if they don’t have a good hand, make mistakes, or if we get the good cards (and we have plenty of good cards in the deck so it happens often). Green-Yellow Rush/Combo feels unwinnable, and yellow rush as well.

Conclusion

Don’t be to harsh on this deck after first few losses, it’s hard to play and doesn’t have the best match-ups ever, but unless you are against rush you will allways have chances to play a good game and create chances to win.

Land type(s): Forest, Mountain, Lake, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.9
Difficulty: Advanced

2x WATER ELEMENTAL (4f 1L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 2L)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
2x RUUNIN’S MESSENGER (5f 1F)
3x EARTHCRAFT (2f 1F)
2x RUUNIN’S GUIDANCE (2f 2F)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
2x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x ORADRIM FANATIC (3f 2D)
1x KHALIM, SKY PRODIGY (5f 2D)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
2x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
3x THREE WISHES (3f 2L 2M 2D 2F)
3x TRITON TRAINER (4f 2L)