[Khalim Open #1] Antiswarm Burn

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Just a regular burn/control deck with Famine and bloodfire wisps. Control the board untill you can use a good grappling hook to the face. People rarely try to counterplay the Famine.

As the name states, decks main purpose is to demolish Fish rain decks.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain
Faeria cost: 3.9
Difficulty: Intermediate

3x FAMINE (2f)
1x SEIFER, BLOOD TYRANT (5f 3M)
3x BLOOD SINGER (3f 2M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
2x BLOODFIRE WISP (4f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 3M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
3x FIREBOMB (4f 2M)
3x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
2x GRAPPLING HOOK (3f 2M 3W)
1x LAYA, LADY OF SORROWS (4f 3W)
1x BALDURION, EVIL ARCHSMITH (5f 5M)
2x HAVOC (5f 5M)

1 Like

Are you really seeing that many top tier rain of fish decks to truly justify a specific counter to it? I have been mostly experiencing yellow control, Yrush and red on the ladder

Fact is that those rain of fish swarms i’ve seen are nearly unstopable if they get spirit of rebirth unanswered, or just control you long enough to the late game. So you either win them fast(which is hard cause of LOTS of creatures like battle toads) or you control hard with famine or groundshaker.

Alvar told me he rolled to the semifinals with swarm, and in battle for the third place 3-0 me with it cause this one got banned.

But in fact yeah i used it mostly as a simple red control, managed to win against other red control and even green beastmaster, though both were veery close. Famine was extremely powerful cause of no one waiting a 1 dmg aoe at low mana.

A bizarre deck, amazing.

Ah yes, I can understand now, that this would be a useful deck in the new tournament format