This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.
Metashaker #2 entry
My first submitted deck as well, all feedback and comments much appreciated !
A heavy control deck focused on economy advantage (card draw and faeria essentially), without the library but with probably my favorite blue card : luduan. The idea is to get double collection asap on one side, and get board control progressively with your big blue bodies.
Mulligans : luduan, prophet or herald are your best options (herald is best against red), the shells are nice as well (you really need to set up your collections). Keep aurora if you have an early harvester, mulligan the rest (keeping tale is possible but very slow).
Tech cards :
- Aurora’s creation : comes in very handy to duplicate what you need at the moment, main targets are aurora herself, phantasms usually, but baeru and heralds or a creature you get from luduan if it fits your needs.
- frogify : don’t really need more than one, removing the big threats is usually done with phantasms.
- Spellwhirl : very RnG but I love it, you can replace it with whatever you prefer, maybe Emperor’s command or Divine guardians could be useful, another frogify, you pick !
- Ninja Toads : basically your removal for small creature or finishing a low health, it’s often a free flame burst between the tale and the collection you get from it.
I had trouble against :
- RY burn : they drop you really low really fast, before you can set up your board, not sure if I misplayed the matches, need some more practice on it.
- Yellow events : they move quick and can SMorc you really hard really early
Considering other decks, pure rush doesn’t seem very hard if you manage your lands properly, I find having the upper hand against most control decks as you have the option of moving your creatures in faster than them. Blue jump and Crackthorns are okay, mono-green is a pain if they play too many verdurans/thyrians, red is painful if they shoot too many gatherers, but all managable.
All in all a very fun deck with decent match-ups against most decks, hope you enjoy it !
Land type(s): Lake
Faeria cost: 4.4
3x MIRROR PHANTASM (7f 2L)
2x NINJA TOAD (4f 3L)
1x FROGIFY (4f 3L)
1x AURORA’S CREATION (5f 3L)
2x SPELLWHIRL (2L)
2x STURDY SHELL (2f 1L)
1x BAERU, THE FIRST WAVE (8f 3L)
2x TALE OF THE OLD TURTLE (6f 2L)
3x WAVECRASH COLOSSUS (8f 2L)
1x SUNKEN TOWER (2f 2L)
2x TRITON SANCTUARY (2f 1L)
3x LUDUAN (3f 1L)
3x PROPHET OF TIDES (3f 2L)
3x ANCIENT HERALD (6f 1L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 2L)