MC XV Mono Green

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

The third deck I used in MC 15. It is the mono green list which aims to counter mono red decks and rush decks, while having the potential to win most late games due to scaling Ruunin.

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest
Faeria cost: 3.8
Difficulty: Advanced

3x SAGAMI GROVECALLER (4f 3F)
2x THYRIAN GOLEM (5f 5F)
3x LIVING WILLOW (3f 2F)
1x TETHRA, SOUL OF THE WILD (10f 2F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
3x VERDURAN FORCE (6f 2F)
3x GROVE GUARDIAN (5f 3F)
2x RUUNIN’S GUIDANCE (2f 2F)
3x FEED THE FOREST (1f 3F)
1x RUUNIN, THE RELENTLESS (5f 3F)
1x TIME OF LEGENDS (1f)
1x VOICE OF TRUTH (4f 2F)
1x THE EMPEROR’S COMMAND (2f)

1 Like

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question but i can’t find an answer to it anywhere. What’s the difference between mono, tempo and mid-range decks?

Mono just means you’re only running cards of one color in a deck (Green, in this case) with, occasionally, some Neutral cards sprinkled in.

Tempo means (referencing MTG Wiki) the pace at which you play threats, in conjunction with Faeria acceleration. You’re exchanging card advantage for making the right plays at the right times.

Mid-range is a flexible type of deck in between Rush and Control. Your cards are versatile enough to adapt to your opponent’s strategy. If they rush, you can entrench reliably, while still seeking opportunities to push back. If they entrench, you can move up the sides quickly. GR Crackthorn is a great example of a mid-range deck, relying on solid cards like Axe Grinder and Groundshaker.

I hope that makes sense! And, community, please feel free to correct me or elaborate if I misinformed. Just trying to help with my limited knowledge.

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiley: made total sense :blush: