[MC13] Y Tempo

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Land type(s): Neutral, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.2
Difficulty: Beginners

3x MACEMAN (4f)
3x ORADRIM FANATIC (3f 2D)
1x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x SHAYTAN DEMON (3f 2D)
3x KHALIM’S TRAINING (1f 2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
1x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
2x FLASH WIND (2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
2x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
3x WINDSTORM CHARGER (3f 2D)
3x MANTA RIDER (5f 3D)

The deck looks sweet but I have some questions:

1. Only one Windstorm Colossus? Past iterations of this deck played 2 or even 3 Colossus. What is the reason for only one?

2. 3 Manta Riders and no Kaleem? Does this mean the Manta Raider is just straight up better than Kaleem?

3. You played this deck in the monthly cup. Due to the deckbuilding rules you couldn’t use Crystal flower in this deck, since you used 3 copies in your other deck. My question is: If you could, would your run Flowers in this deck and which card does it replace if you do?

4. Yellow tempo sees a lot of play. Yellow control doesn’t. With these new oversky cards, do you think Windborne Champion will get back in the meta?

Anyway, thanks for sharing the deck.

sorry, I’m always late with awnsering stuff on the faeria forums - hope you still see my awnser

1. back then I used only 1 coloss because of the power of 3 faeria flower, so you dont want to give them a weakness , also without ranger you dont have that many events to make them cheap fast enough

2. manta rider is 7/5 stats and actually more resilient than khalim the card is very powerful , also back then it traded with frogtosser - so the 5 attack played a role in that meta

3. i think flower isnt that good in y tempo because you only want 3 deserts and rather have more events

4. event synergy is straight up better than champion so while it still can be good, especially in flyers decks, events will always be a tier higher