MCX - Crackthorn beast is OP

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

A pretty standard crackthorn list that i used as my first deck for the monthly cup. It won me quite a lot of games because it counters well blue, you also have good matchups against red and can make your way again yellow, it is well countered by green but there wasn’t that much in the cup.

Usually build to one side and make your way to the opponent’s orb (try to get a moutain next to your opponent’s orb to get value out of your axe grinders).
Against blue, i like to build defensively to both sides to prevent them to collect on my wells and reduce their colosses.
You have great mobility tools thanks to sagami and horsemaster (be carefull on your forest placement to have a maximum of possibilities), and great aoe power too.

Mulligan: keep a T1 creature (axe grinder, sagami warrior, wood elemental), seifer and groundshaker, you can keep a seifer wrath or a flame burst in you have other creatures in hand and are playing against blue, red or yellow.

Concerning crakthorn beast, try to think how you can have maximum value from it (for example, it’s sometimes better to play a groundshaker or a blast before the beast, to ensure max damage to your opponent’s creatures). The dash effect can pressure the orb even if you didn’t manage to get aggressive lands.

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Mountain
Faeria cost: 4.1
Difficulty: Beginners

1x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
2x SAGAMI WARRIOR (3f 1F)
3x SAGAMI GROVECALLER (4f 2F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
1x SEIFER, BLOOD TYRANT (5f 2M)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
1x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
3x CRACKTHORN BEAST (6f 3M 3F)

3 straight wins I added Tethra, Soul of the Wild and removed 1 Crackthorn “I dont have it :P”.
thx

1 Like

currently running a similar list (-1 horsemaster +1 feed the forest) : 23wins 6loss in ladder (got me straight up to rank 3) so far.

It does very well against this meta, only encountered one monogreen in 30 games !
Red control can’t win vs this list its insane how it outvalues Red creatures…
Groundshaker deserves a -1/-1 or -0/-1 nerf like hardcore.

1 Like

Really good deck, thank you