Mid Range Mother

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This is my version of the Mother of all Yaks deck. I find this to be quite optimal.

It’s still early days though, and would love to chat shop on Yak deck with anyone so take it to the comments, or message me on the discord or something.

Given the game plan that revolves around using the blue yak to buff the other yaks up, taking over one side of the map, snowballing some yaks then using horse master to rush to face i the gameplan.

As your yaks die they can power up the mother as well.

The long horn yak passes it’s buff on to the next card drawn after he dies as well, so they are prime targets for farmers from the opponents well.

The deck doesn’t have much in the ways of taunts, only really shifting octopus having the option, and the baby add from green yak (you can buff up that add though for a more solid taunt body) it may be a good idea to maybe bring some green elementals or even living willow if you find that you need more taunts though.

Personally I think this deck should be running in yaks into value trades and then eventually dying. The only yaks you want kept alive is your blue guys as they make the buffs happen. you obviously want a guy to go face as well at some point, but loosing yaks only powers up mother and if you get mother off near the dudes face it’s probably game over.

The idea is to take the opposite side to your opponent and get those yak buffs happening asap. they can snowball extremely fast.

We then have laya, octo and yak attack to help with board control, as well as 2 crystal flowers.

I did have 2 copies of triton banquet as I found it could really help with mobility (and also really funny to have a buffed laya with jump, it’s like a bouncy assassin, ha ha) but I think overall horses will be better at getting lethal. One thing this deck sucks at is mobility, so it needs those guys to add charge to the yak that’s going face. Yeah Triton works similarly, and sometimes is even better, but jump is 2 squares and the horse charge is 3… If I could fit both into the list it would be perfect though. I may try and work them both in.

Finally we have rapala the Dope fish… why not. If you have the land requirements you might as well take this guy for the memes. (it can also kill ruunin)

OK so this is my first draft of my Tril colour mothers deck. hope you like it.

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Lake, Desert
Faeria cost: 4.4
Difficulty: Intermediate

2x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f 3W)
3x YAK ATTACK (9f)
3x ELDERWOOD EMBRACE (3f 2F)
3x LONG-HORNED YAK (3f)
2x CRYSTAL FLOWER (4f 4W)
2x GIFT OF THE RAKOA (3f 2F)
3x SHIFTING OCTOPUS (4f 1L 1F 1W)
1x LAYA, LADY OF SORROWS (4f 3W)
1x MOTHER OF ALL YAKS (15f)