Missing info for new players

I don’t know if I missed it or what, but it took me a while to figure out that I get +3 faeria every turn. There’s a lot going on each turn, and I was used to a mana curve system so didn’t know what to expect. Plus with faeria wells changing how much I was accumulating, and with me not starting from zero faeria every turn, it was just really confusing. Everything else was pretty intuitive or was covered in puzzles.

And on puzzles, a hint button would be nice. One puzzle was solved by splitting up double neutral lands, placing one land early in the turn and then another after moving creatures. I didn’t even know that was possible and had to look up the solution. That info about being able to split double neutral would have been all the hint I needed. I still don’t know for sure what actions I can cancel and which I can’t, and if I am supposed to hit the escape key or right click to cancel. (For example, if I place first double neutral, I can cancel and save the second for later. But if I place a creature with Gift, it won’t let me cancel. But if I cast an event, it will?)

I noticed also that Pandora didn’t have any instructions. I’ve drafted before in other games so I knew what I was looking at, but first time Pandora players should definitely have some kind of explanation of what’s going on. Right now it just throws five cards in your face.

1 Like

Agreed, there’s lots of stuff that’s never explained. Took me a while to figure out I could have 3 of each card in my deck. The codeces include 2 of each, so I assumed that was how it was.

1 Like