Mistral Airforce

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Hey guys, i’m here with my attempt at making Mistral Guide playable. It is definitely a very interesting card, kinda hard to build a viable deck around though. Most of the times it’s just a worse Windborne Champion and let me tell you this: both cards in one deck is probably not good at all as they can clunk up your hand early game. During my testing it got clear that Mistral Guide works best with either Haste or generally very mobile cards (e.g. chargers). I personally prefered running it with haste and the synergy between Long-Horned Yak, Wind Soldier and Mistral Guide makes for some nasty board control as you can literally fly them over the entire board or even hit face for ridiculous damage when further comboed with Aviary(s). I would suggest going up one side and set up a Mistral Guide between the wells and from there on you can either send your hasty Airforce directly to the face to proc your prayers and get the tempo engine going or rather contest the opponent probably on the other side of the map without needing to build lands towards him.

Land type(s): Neutral, Desert
Faeria cost: 3.1
Difficulty: Advanced

2x YAK ATTACK (9f)
3x ORADRIM MONK (3f 2D)
3x KHALIM’S PRAYER (2D)
2x KHALIM’S FOLLOWER (1f 2D)
1x KHALIM, SKY PRODIGY (5f 2D)
2x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
1x SOUL PACT (2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
1x FLASH WIND (2D)
2x GOLDEN AVIARY (3f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
1x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
3x LONG-HORNED YAK (3f)
3x MISTRAL GUIDE (4f 4D)

Thanks for sharing. I played against a deck like this, and had no idea what their end-game was until the Yak Attack landed. In any case, this is a deck I would like to give a try. I am curious why you have a single Choking Sand?