QB's Deadly Yakkapult

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

This is first deck I made it to God with, and I got there pretty fast. Frog Tosser post March 2018 nerf included :). I’ve had more success with this deck compared to my other GY sac, burn, and rush decks. It’s fun to play and is pretty budget friendly too! I think the deck is pretty easy, but I classified it as intermediate because you need to judge how to use the versatility of certain cards depending on your opponet

Mulligans: Keep 1) elementals, 2) battle toads, 3) tikis. If I have 2 elementals I’ll keep yakkapult. Other combos are possible. Occasionally I’ll get squat and it can be hard to win starting with 3 yakkapults.

Land placement: I usually go to the opposite side as opponent, sometimes you can rush up the side and win early. If they play rush I play defense and guard my orb. Depending on what opponent does I sometimes play towards both left and right sides.

Strategy: Main idea is to use elderwood embrace (or gift of rakoa if necessary) to keep creatures alive. During the mid to late game play yakkapult. At this stage there are often 5 or more creatures on the board and Gift of the Rakoa becomes very powerful (i.e. shoot with yakkapult and gift the yak to 7/7).

Yakkapult can also be a good collector/defensive play against rush decks or more difficult opponents.

The only decks I consistently have trouble with are burn decks, after adding the emperor’s command I’ve been a bit more solid in those matchups.

Cards: Battle Toads have a very nice synergy with gift of the rakoa, plus they also are great early game collectors. I only have 1, so there’s potential for adding more. Tossers also have great synergy with the gift of rakoa. I also only have 2 frogify, but I rarely find I need more. I added the emperor’s command because this deck can struggle against burn decks. Shifting octopus’s versitility is great; helps a lot with rush decks to add taunt, green opponents use 7/3, 5/5 guards against choking sand, flame burst etc. Octopus can also be buffed into one sweet jumping taunting beast. Aurora’s creation is best used on Aurora, then mirror phantasm, maybe a tosser. I often snag great cards from opponents. Creation is probably the first card I’d exchange for another. Mirror phantasm is also very versatile, it can transform a yak next to opponent’s orb, or just help you keep creatures alive, also helps with Runnin, Seifer, and other strong legendaries.

Enjoy!!

Land type(s): Neutral, Forest, Lake
Faeria cost: 3.8
Difficulty: Intermediate

1x MIRROR PHANTASM (7f 2L)
2x FROGIFY (4f 3L)
1x AURORA’S CREATION (5f 3L)
3x WATER ELEMENTAL (4f 1L)
1x AURORA, MYTH MAKER (4f 3L)
1x BATTLE TOADS (4f 2L)
2x TIKI CARETAKER (3f 2F)
3x WOOD ELEMENTAL (4f 1F)