Red Rush Burn

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Crystal Dragon -> Crystal Flower

I was able to reach God rank for the first time last month, by using a Red Control Deck.

And was using the same deck fairly well this time too, until the oversky expansion opened and everything became Frog-Tosser + Azure Whale.

My deck which was meant to control the board using damage-based removal was no longer a competitive deck, since B-G Whale decks dominated the meta and I wasn’t able to defend the board from Azure Whales.

So, after a lot of devastating losses against B-G, I figured the only way to counter it with red was to use Burn.

This is a Rush deck, so it is intended to place straight lands to the opponent and get lands near them, so I used fire elementals for this job.

Next, we have crystal flowers, the new card from the expansion. Even though it costs 4 special lands, I found that this card could be used as a semi-Last Nightmare. And that with 3 fire elementals, it was possible to use them when needed.

Lastly, we have shedim brute and grim guard as our burners. Both of them won’t get killed with one blow by the Frog-Tossers, as it has more than 5 health. From this we can expect them to give at least 4 damage to the enemy, and they are also good for killing small creatures typical of B-G while burning your opponents orb.

While I do believe that Azure Whale is OP, I think that what the meta lacks is a competitive Rush Deck that might counter Control Decks that use them.

Hope this helps!

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Pandora
Faeria cost: 3.3
Difficulty: Beginners

2x SYLAND HORSEMASTER (3f)
2x IMPERIAL DRAIN
3x GIFT OF STEEL (3f 2M)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x SHEDIM BRUTE (5f 2M)
3x GRIM GUARD (4f 2M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
3x FIRE ELEMENTAL (4f 1M)