Red Yellow Chieftain

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

Mulligan

• Look for a turn 1 creature in your opening hand, this deck has 8 of them. If you already have one you can also keep Underground Brigand, Ground Shaker, Seifer’s Wrath or Flame Burst.

Land Placement

• Start with a mountain in front or to the side, you want to go to the same side as your opponent. Then make a second mountain or a desert depending on what you have in your hand. Place a desert at your own well for Wind Soldier and try to get a mountain at your opponent’s well for Axe Grinder.

Game Plan

• Use Rakoan Chieftain’s effect with your small creatures to take out your opponent’s bigger creatures. After you have gained control of the wells you can push up and go face.

This deck got me from rank 10 to God rank. It’s fun to play and works pretty well, give it a try! :slight_smile:

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Desert
Faeria cost: 3
Difficulty: Intermediate

3x OUTLAND RANGER (3f)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x AXE GRINDER (3f 1M)
3x KHALIM’S TRAINING (1f 2D)
3x WIND SOLDIER (3f 2D)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
3x UNDERGROUND BRIGAND (3f 2M)
3x RAKOAN CHIEFTAIN (4f 2M 2D)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
2x RAKOAN REVELLER (2f 2M)
1x FLASH SALMON (1f 2D)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Chriscross! Looking forward to trying this out.

1 Like

Cool! the deck involves lots of positional and tactical decision making, it might take a bit of getting used to but once you do its really fun! :3

First i would like to say that i like the idea with your deck, it’s always nice to see less popular cards getting used so +1. But i also have a question. How are you faring without any hard removals (choking/LN) ?

Thanks, I like to see less popular cards getting played that’s why I wanted to spotlight the Chieftain.

To answer your question about not having hard removal, the deck can pump out high atk values so taking down big creatures isn’t too much a problem. The other day I had a game against a Y tempo deck and I managed to kill all 3 of his Colossus then went on to win the game.

I made some changes to this deck (UPDATED the original post).

I’m going to give this deck a try, because I have not played any decks other than GB Ramp, Red Combat, and Mono Green. So, it will be nice to play with some yellow cards for once, and I hope I can pilot this deck with success on the ladder!

Thanks for sharing with us all, and I look forward to playing your deck tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like