Ruunin needs a nerf

3-turn Ruunin vs Red/Yellow=insta surrender.
Only Blue cards stop her.
Either allow us to remove this RIDICULOUS last words effect somehow(silence?) or nerf the everloving ■■■■ out of her.
Maybe turn her into 12 mana?
Idc, but this card needs a nerf.
Seriously.

2 Likes

Only blue cards counter Ruunin. That is true. Everything else you said is wrong.
Ruunin is a super slow card, it takes several cycles till it gains value. After your opponent dropped her a third time he got three 6/6 creatures total, each for 6 faeria in average. Compare her to a Verduran Force which is a 7/7 for 6 faeria and a card you get after finishing the tutorial.
It’s only after she comes around for the fourth time that she finally becomes dangerous. Till that point Ruunin is plain bad.
Don’t play Faeria like Rock, Paper, Scissor. Instead of looking for a card “this stops Ruunin” you need to adapt your playstyle and start being the aggressor. Especially yellow shouldn’t have problems with this. I don’t lose against Ruunin at all and I play mostly mono yellow.
Ironically I think green might be the color which struggles the most against Ruunin. But I don’t play green, so I might be wrong.

I find Taunts really effective against runnin. Cards like Hold the line helps to stall her while u attack.

1 Like

So, according to Grummler, the constant pressure from knowing a Ruunin is at hand is the same as removing permanently a big minion, Ruunin is also, coincidentally, after the second cycle is basically free and provides a non stop threat.
GREAT MINDSET BRO, and then you need to consider the deck realignments, and so on and so forth.
If all that is too strange for you, consider this:
3rd turn a VF drops and a Ruunin drops. Which one causes an insta gg?
Additionally, need i remind you, that chances are, after you deal with the first or even the second force, that is it.
Ruunin NEVER STOPS COMING.
And finally, remember that for a green control deck, the only thing it really needs is constant pressure, which, again, Ruunin provides.
As for you OldGem, sure, if you play aggro decks and run hold the line…
What if i want to go control yellow, or control Red?
Basically, the game as it is forces us to run either control green/blue or aggro red/yellow.

I agree with Swaglord, early Ruunin is really strong in my opinion, especially if you can combo it with Feed the Forest to snowball it harder. Most of the decks haven’t good and definitive options to deal with it…

1 Like

Eh, that is not what I said at all. Ruunin is not free after the second cycle.

I offered genuine advise how to handle this card. You really think becoming personal and insulting me is the way to go?

Don’t play Faeria like Rock, Paper, Scissor. Instead of looking for a
card “this stops Ruunin” you need to adapt your playstyle and start
being the aggressor. Especially yellow shouldn’t have problems with
this. I don’t lose against Ruunin at all and I play mostly mono yellow.

You are perfectly right :slight_smile:

Runnin is a slow, situatinal card that takes a lot of time to take off. If you can’t deal with her you do not understand how value and value over time works. She will not get nerfed because the only place she is “OP” is rank 15-25, where people are too inexperienced and don’t understand how the game works (yet).

If you still think running is OP after that, than maybe you just hit your Faeria plateau.

2 Likes