RY Colossus Hard Control

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

A deck I saw someone (Jyori IIRC) facing. Extremely obnoxious and easy to pilot.

It plays mostly like a R hard control (eg https://www.faeria.com/the-hub/deck/2142-r-bloodrain) :

Mulligan for divine guardian (groundshaker is a very good keep too), build opposite side, and toward the removals currently in hand, deny your opponent’s right to play a creature, and finish him with a windstorm collossus or an aggressive groundshaker.

I’ve looked for 2 mins in the hub, I’m pretty sure the archetype has been around for a while, but I haven’t found a list, so I thought I might as well post it. Tell me if this is a (near) duplicate.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Desert
Faeria cost: 4.4
Difficulty: Beginners

3x BOMB SLINGER (5f 3M)
3x FLAME BURST (3f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
3x SEIFER’S WRATH (2f 2M)
3x FIREBOMB (4f 2M)
3x LAST NIGHTMARE (6f 3D)
3x WINDSTORM COLOSSUS (10f 2D)
3x SOUL DRAIN (2f 2D)
3x CHOKING SAND (4f 2D)
3x DIVINE GUARDIAN (2f)

I havent Seen bombslingers in such lists and they seem really good. Same for groundshaker. This deck deck looks reasonably consistent. Looking forward to trying it. Have a like Sir.

Thanks for the kind words.

I only spectated portions of 2 games, I haven’t seen bomb slinger in it but I figured it could be a good inclusion since the deck does not have many collecting or defensive bodies.

Also, people tend to rush you or your guardians (and it’s probably the right choice), so you often don’t need to make a mountain just for slinger.

I think similar lists run Hellfire as a wincon usually, which explains why Groundshaker might be less important in them (and blood song to reduce the need for collectors).

Variations might also include some AoE, depending on the meta.

What surprised me compared to similar lists I know of was the collossi part, and they really make sense.

Ive seen colossi in this before. I think in one of Luuu’s highlights. Anyway this deck gets hardcountered by path to face so please dear god make it so this deck never becomes meta. A meta of this and ptf is to much for my frail heart

1 Like

1-3 carnivorous plant should be very helpfull against Yrush (which I think is also very problematic), and give some fighting chance against ptf (with lucky groundshaker to clear 1 health creture right after they killed plant). In any other cases, that’s a very bad card to include. But plant against ptf must be so funny. I guess 2 hold the line might be an effective tech choice as well, and a more reasonable one in other situations.

Plant isnt as bad tbh. It can camp aggressive Lands.