Seven Bargains

This topic has been automatically created through Faeria’s The Hub.
This content can be found here.

The deck with which I won the Garudan #9 tournament (on my KAKATOR smurf), some people seemed to be asking for the list.

This is a control deck that is very high value oriented. The key card is the bold bargainer, both enabling the bargain crazy stuff we already know as well as being a 7cost card for the synergy of the same name.

Basically, you prefer to start blue with this deck to either enable mochis or commanders on harvesting positions. When I have a bold bargainer in a monored hand I also tend to full keep (especially when I have explore) to hope I can start bargaining very early, hoping I won’t draw into mochi or commander next. It’s a bit risky but I lost only one game doing that. Otherwise you just mulligan for mochis and commanders.

The deck doesn’t seem that hard to play but there are a lot of subtleties about how to choose which things to play and in which order to play everything according to the current game. There is no hard rule as to when to bargain or not …etc… and you will have to adapt all the time. The deck is also quite fun to play.

Something that will make you guys happy: this deck destroys blue jump, and is well favored against crackthorn.

Land type(s): Neutral, Mountain, Lake
Faeria cost: 6.3
Difficulty: Advanced

1x MAGNUS, KING OF MEROVAL (10f)
3x GABRIAN COMMANDER (3f 2L)
3x SPRING MOCHI (3f 2L)
3x GABRIAN ARCHON (4f 2L)
2x WINDFALL (10f 2L)
3x OGRE BATTLER (8f 2M)
3x BOLD BARGAINER (7f 2M)
1x GARUDAN, HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN (10f 2M)
3x GROUNDSHAKER (6f 2M)
1x FIRESTORM (6f 3M)
2x OGRE DANCE (4f 2M)
3x RED DEVIL (9f 2M)
2x HELLFIRE (7f 2M)

Good vs blue jump and crackthorn? OP confirmed. Jk, keep up the great work :wink:

Try it :slight_smile: In a full day of playing ranked plus the tournament, I only lost twice to blue jump and once to crackthorn, maybe I got lucky a lot though :smiley:

What was the reason behind only 2 Ogre Dance? No place of Mirror Phantasm?

I made a similar deck and found it depended heavily on whether you drew the bargain cards. Great fun when you do but losing otherwise. Will try your version too. Thanks!

Needed space. Also, bargain into ogre dance is bad (losing a card) so I wanted to have that happen less. I also prefer by far having bold bargainer into groundshaker than ogre dance into groundshaker, the extra body. Also ogre dance isn’t 7cost synergy. I thought about Phantasm, just couldn’t find the space, and I didn’t expect to run into gy sac at the tournament (because of how red heavy the meta seemed to be) sp I didn’t bother. Also, we only have 3 mochis as good targets for phantasm, so that card might just stay in hand and bother us when we try to manipulate the odds of bargaining.
I personally found this version extremely consistent over two days of playing it, maybe I was lucky for a reasonably long amount of time. Mochis discount as well to help play the big stuff, commanders have a strong board presence even witghout playing the 7cost we just drew, these cards give a generally better early game than the bargain cards.

1 Like

Anyone tried using this deck in high ranks? I got 3 wins and like 8 or 9 losses for now, at rank 10…

This deck is good, you can win, but not consistently (for me). It’s relaxing to play, not very demanding. When you get good draws, it simply stemrolled opponents.