I took into concideration comments to this post on reddit and my other thoughts on this specific issue.
As you all know, there are 4 types of colour-specific elementals. They are used for creating specific lands to accelerate your land-development and to be proactive in game.
Each specific type of elementals tend to support the general idea of the colour and the architypes` mechanics: Wood elementals are more durable (2/4) and have “Taunt”, Air elementals have high attack(4/2) and ability “Fly”, like many other yellow creatures, Water elementals are equalised stat-wise(3/3) and have “Jump” ability. I believe you getting my point, right?
What has Fire elemental to offer, except it has +1 attack on top of Air elemental? Does it REALLY demonstrates the red mechanics or architypes? The other 3 elementals have a text ability on top of their “Gift” ability, and those abilities come in handy pretty often.
Elementals are most strong in the early turns, but how useful is a 5/2 faerie collector for 4 mana? You most likely wont even have a chance to fully utilise his 5 damage because he would rather be killed by AoE or a low-value creature.
Currently I have 5 suggestions:
- Remove 1 attack point from Fire elemental, make it 4/2 like the stats of the Air elemental, but give Fire elemental an ability “Combat”: every time this creature attacks, gain 1 faerie.
- Make the Fire elemental 4/2 but the ability could be “Combat” : every time this creature attacks, deal 2 (or 1) damage to the opponent.
- Third variant - the same 4/2 with “Last words”: deal 2 damage to the opponent.
- The 4th variant - 4/2, the text ability is following: whenever this attacks discount a cost of a random card in your hand by 2.
- If those above dont make the cut - go lazy and give that poor Red elemental +1 attack and make it 6/2 for 4 mana (Shade in yellow - 6/1 for 3 mana).