Spot Lethal #2 is now available!

The second episode of Spot Lethal!

A Youtube-show by J0k3se.

This is the very first time I try to edit video/audio by myself, I apologize for the quality.
Thank you Radar for helping me create the image used for the puzzle!

In this episode the following players were invited:

Sho7gun - Faeria balance tester
Heliosaflame - Team Apex
Scream112 - MetagamingTV
MrLink - New Faeria player
Luuu90 - Team Equilibrium
HeavyCC - Team Equilibrium
Emener - Community Manager
Atmaz - Community Manager
Blackscape - Team Element

If you want to be in a future episode, let me know in the comments!

Note: The recordings were made a couple of months ago, some cards have been changed since then! In the beginning of the video I also say that a few cards target friendly/enemy units, but they can infact target either. Woops!

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Holy mother of all misdirection… :stuck_out_tongue: I managed to get it eventually but I doubt I would have thought of it within the three minutes if put on the spot. Sho7gun clearly wins for coming up with the smartest solution, even if it’s wrong. :wink:

It’s a good idea and was quite funny to watch given who solved it and who didn’t, but if I can give some constructive feedback, it would centre all around the… you guessed it… pacing. :smiley:

I would suggest to leave out the descriptions of the cards in the beginning and put them in the description of the video instead (or as a link to a page with each card).

Then I would start the video by showing the puzzle and asking the viewer to pause and solve it within three minutes just like the contestants. After that I would immediately provide the solution.

The rest of the video I would focus on the struggling of the contestants and the tension of whether they get it right or not. To highlight this, I would show a checkmark/cross overlay when they succeed or fail, perhaps with a cute little sound effect. Finally I would cut out most of their thinking time and only leave a few thought processes and final answers, with the goal of cutting the video down to about 10 minutes or less. It’s a fun idea, but in the end there just isn’t enough substance to justify a much longer video IMO.

For bonus points you could add icons / portraits for each contestant, overlayed with a checkmark/cross when they had their turn. This would give a nice sense of progress as well as a quick overview of how well everyone is doing.

1 Like

Also if you cut the contestants to the most interesting bits, you could give them some more time. That would perhaps allow you to make the puzzles more interesting while also increasing the chance of receiving some amusing responses. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions Zenity :slight_smile:
I will try to implement the changes you suggested to episode 4 :smiley: I am a beginner with editing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like